By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,033 /year|
|Applications Begin:||March 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Agrculture (MSc Agric)|
|Start Date:||February 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of AgriSciences|
|Course Type:||Master by Coursework & Dissertation|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2022|
You determine your topic for the master’s degree in consultation with your supervisor. A research topic can be selected from one of the following themes:
• the selection and genetic improvement of wine yeasts and bacteria for the improvement of wine fermentation and processing, also using alternative techniques such as directed evolution, and for the improvement of the quality and sensory properties of wine and other grape-based beverages;
• interaction of wine yeasts and lactic acid bacteria related to nutrient usage and the impact on wine aroma;
• assessing the impact of grape and winemaking practices on the microbiome;
• grape and wine sensory evaluation techniques and consumer studies; and
• understanding the interaction of grapevines with their biotic and abiotic environments by studying molecular and metabolite profiles of the plant.
Wine Biotechnology 818(180): Master’s thesis
– An applicable BScAgric, BEng or BScHons degree.
– An average final mark of 60% for the major subject.
**You can apply quickly and easily using the e-application available on the university’s website (https://web-apps.sun.ac.za/eAansoek2/alg.jsp?Tl=1)
**Paper application forms are available on campus for those without internet access.
**Unlike South African citizens, who are charged an application fee of R100, international students are exempt from paying application fees.
Before you apply;
Make sure that you understand the University’s Admission Policy, and the admission and selection criteria of the different faculties before you apply. The policy, criteria and guidelines are available at the Undergraduate Prospective Student website at www.maties.com, or you can contact Client Service on +27 21 808 9111 or email@example.com. For postgraduate studies, please visit the Prospective Postgraduate Student website at www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies.
**Closing dates for financial assistance:
– 31 August: Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance.
Closing dates for applications
– International students: Apply by 14 September of the previous year.
– South African students: Apply by 31 January of the year in which you wish to study
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African & SADC Students: $1,033
South African students pay R17133 per year as tuition fees.
Students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC) member countries, as well as Rwanda and Namibia, pay R45000 without an international tuition fee
The SADC member countries are Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
*Students from Africa (Non-SADC) pay R45000.
*Students from the rest of the World (outside of Africa) pay R45000 plus international tuition fees of R25350
Final payment is due 31 May for 1st semester enrolments and 30 September for 2nd semester enrolments.
MINIMUM COMPULSORY INITIAL FEE PAYABLE BEFORE REGISTRATION (SADC) – R45000
MINIMUM COMPULSORY INITIAL FEE PAYABLE BEFORE REGISTRATION (Africa) – R45000
MINIMUM COMPULSORY INITIAL FEE PAYABLE BEFORE REGISTRATION (Rest of the World) – R70350