By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Veterinary Pathology, Microbiology and Parasitology|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Veterinary Medicine|
|Campus:||Upper Kabete Campus|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
Part II Examination
– This part II examination shall comprise of the examination of the Masters thesis and an oral defense of the same in the prescribed manner.
– The course shall consist of a 2 year full time study by coursework, examination and thesis. The first year of study shall be devoted to the coursework while the second year shall be devoted to research work and thesis writing.
– In the first year of study, candidates shall be required to take eight (8) compulsory courses and one (1) optional course. In addition all registered students will be required to take course 513 which shall be examined at departmental level by continuous assessment only.
– Candidates will be required to give-attend seminars as prescribed throughout the coursework period for all courses for which the candidate would be registered.
– Holders of a Bachelors degree in Veterinary Medicine of the University of Nairobi .
– Holders of a Bachelors degree from other Universities approved by Senate as being equivalent to the Degree of Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Nairobi .
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Animal technician
– Environmental consultant
– Higher education lecturer
– Nature conservation officer
– Research scientist (medical)
– Research scientist (life sciences)
– Science writer
– Veterinary nurse
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 2 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.