By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Verterinary Medicine|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Veterinary Medicine|
|Campus:||Upper Kabete Campus|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
The general examination regulations of the University of Nairobi and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine shall apply.
– The course shall be examined by continuous assessment tests and a final examination. The continuous assessment tests shall constitute 20% of the final marks and the final examination shall constitute 30% of the mark.
– The final examination shall comprise a 2-hour written examination and a 3-hour practical examination. The practical examination shall constitute 50% of the marks.
– The pass mark shall be 50%.
– A candidate who fails in the final examination may re-sit the failed course(s) when next offered up to 2 times subject to payment of the prescribed examination fees.
– A candidate who fails in the second re-sit shall be discontinued.
– The examination shall be moderated by an External Examiner with qualifications acceptable to the Board.
– The cumulative performance in the programme shall be summarized in the average score over 100 and a grade give as follows
Candidates eligible for admission to the above degree programmes will be required to be holders of the following qualifications:
– A minimum of a C+ in KCSE with a C (plain) in biology or biological science and/any one of the following: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics or Physical Sciences, Geography.
– Two principals and a subsidiary pass in KACE. One of these passes must be in Biology and the other in any science subject.
– A minimum of a C- (minus) in KCSE with a diploma in a biological science from a recognized institution.
– Holders of a degree in a biological science from a recognized institution.
– Any other qualification equivalent to any of the above, subject to Senate’s approval.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Animal technician
– Environmental consultant
– Higher education lecturer
– Nature conservation officer
– Research scientist (medical)
– Research scientist (life sciences)
– Science writer
– Veterinary nurse
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students = 270,700 KES
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 324,840 KES
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 5 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year = 270,700 KES
– Second, third and fourth year = 265,700 KES
– Fifth year = 258,500 KES
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.