By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$654 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||Supplies and Procurement Management|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Economics and Managements|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
Supplies and Procurement as a course, has not been given its due attention in organisations yet over 60% of organisational expenditures are channelled in procurement.
It is evident that most government and non-government transactions can either excel or flop in their operations due to the way procurement operations were conducted.
The scenario above came about as a result of the stereotype given to the procurement process to involve only the functions of purchasing, logistics, and storage of equipment.
Organisations only engaged purchasing officers without fussing much about their academic credentials to deal with procurement issues.
However, of recent procurement has been acknowledged as the major means of achieving accountability and value for money in organisations as it also engages in contracting of services, competitive bidding, and other critical components.
The rapid growth of businesses and increasing transformations in the global economy has led to the increasing demand for Procurements Specialists who can help organizations strategize their procurement processes and thereby enable them to function effectively.
Today Procurement is no longer considered an after-thought function but “key to corporate efficiency” and effective governance. The program addresses this world wide growing demand for graduates with managerial capability in procurement and supply.
– Candidates admitted to the programme must be holders of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education( UACE) or its equivalent, with at least two principal passes in the relevant subjects of which one principal pass should be in economics.
– Holders of relevant diplomas in related subjects from Kampala International University or other recognized institutions are eligible admission to the degree course.
Kampala International University admits 3 times in a year; in December/January, March/April and August/September.
Step 1: Pick-up an application form from the Admissions office at any of our Campuses below:
– Admission office at Main Campus in Kansanga, Kampala.
– Western Campus in Bushenyi
– For international applicants in Kenya and Tanzania, visit our offices in Nairobi and Tanzania.
– For other countries, visit the KIU Liaison Offices.
– Alternatively, download an application form from KIU website: Download It Here which can be filled and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Click on the link to complete the online application: https://admissions.kiu.ac.ug (a scanned copy of the admission letter will be sent to your email, and once the application has been approved, the original copy will be collected from our Main campus in Kansanga (Admissions Office-Online Desk)
The application fee is 50,000Ug.shs for both Ugandans and International students (non-Ugandans). For online applicants, the application fee is paid to the Finance Office when you report collecting the original admission.
Step 2: Complete the application forms clearly and enclose or attach the following:
– 3 photocopies of each ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Secondary school result slips or equivalent [Diploma and Bachelor Degree] and three certified copies of transcripts of Bachelor and Master Degrees [postgraduate degrees].
– A photocopy of a receipt for payment for the application form.
– 3 recent passport size photographs.
– Photocopies of Birth Certificate/ National ID/ Passport
Step 3: Submit a fully completed form with the required attachments to the following addresses:
– By physical submission – kindly return form and attachments to the Admission office.
– By email – kindly send it to email@example.com.
– By post – kindly send to:
The Director of Admissions, Kampala International University
Tel: +256-041-266813, +256-392001816, +256-041-267634
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– supply chain manager
– procurement manager
– procurement buyer
– logistics analyst
– distribution manager
– supply coordinator.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $654
Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students = 2,924,000 UGX
Tuition Fees for International Students = 5,714,628 UGX
**The Kampala International University reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.