By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
The Master of Science Degree in Sports Management has been developed to bridge the current conceptual and entrepreneurial skills deficiencies in the Zimbabwean sports industry.
The curriculum is designed to develop creative thinking and problem-solving skills in graduates and use enable them to use acquired skills and knowledge to bring about measurable change in professional practice and policies in the fields of sport and recreation.
The program seeks to contribute to the development of the sports industry in Zimbabwe through the advancement of knowledge and skills in sports management and produce inventive and innovative graduates, equipped with high level technical, research, community engagement and entrepreneurial skills for the benefit of the nation and the international community.
The Programme is aimed at providing participants with the requisite educational background needed to effectively discharge senior management responsibilities in sports organizations operating in dynamic and globalized environments.
This will enable them to take up higher-level responsibilities in such areas as sports research and innovation, sports management and sports entrepreneurship and contribute to the growth and development of the sports industry and the economy at large.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Master of Science Degree in Sports Management students shall be able to:
– Demonstrate deep knowledge and understanding of how current and emerging management principles, procedures and strategies can be applied in the management of sports entities.
– Effectively employ marketing research and action research skills in the management of sports entities.
– Use gained critical thinking, entrepreneurial and abstract reasoning skills in analyzing and evaluating sport management issues in order to provide knowledge-based solutions to the problems affecting sports enterprises.
– Demonstrate the ability to effectively employ technological resources and emerging communication media in the management of sport;
– Design and initiate sustainable sport-related entrepreneurial ventures
SM501 Managing the Sports Enterprise
SM502 Sport Finance and Economics
SM503 Strategic Sports Marketing
SM504 Advanced Corporate Governance in Sport
SS501 Research Methods in Sport
SM505 Sports Law and Public Policy
SM506 Strategic Sports Management
SM507 Human Capital Management in Sport
SM508 Information Communication Technology in Sport
SM509 Sport Entrepreneurship and Project Management
SM510 Sports Management Practicum
Applicants must have:
– A Sport-Related Bachelor of Science Honours Degree with a 2.2 grade or better.
– A Sport-Related appropriate Bachelor of Science Honours Degrees with passes lower than 2.2 and least two years relevant working experience.
A candidate must have a General Sport-related Bachelor of Science Degree or a Non-sport Degree, relevant professional qualifications from a recognized Academic Institution or Sports Federation or institution of similar status and at least two years of relevant professional working experience.
How to Apply
– Application forms may be downloaded by clicking here or obtained from the University, Admissions Office.
– Payment of application fees can be done at the University Cash Office or through any CBZ Bank – A/c No: 662-60902130074, Bindura Branch
– Complete the application form in full and indicate on the top of the application form the intake you prefer (March or August) and the mode of study (Block or Full Time).
– Post or hand-deliver your completed application form to; Assistant Registrar – Admissions, Registration & Student Records, Bindura University of Science Education Bag 1020 Bindura.
– Attach certified copies of educational qualifications, I.D, Birth Certificate and proof of payment of the requisite application fees. Applications without these documents will not be processed.
Successful candidates will be notified through their contact numbers and national press.
– Applications run throughout the year.
– Students pay an extra application fee of USD 30 for late entry.
Some career opportunities for this programme are:
– Athletic Coach.
– Athlete Development Specialist.
– Athletic Director.
– Business Development Coordinator.
– Contract Administrator.
– Contract Negotiation Manager.
– Event Coordinator.
– Facilities Manager.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zimbabwean Students: $10,000
Tuition fee per year for Zimbabwean Students= 10,000 ZWD
Tuition fee per year for International Students= 1,809,500 ZWD
N.B: International students pay an extra charge on academic fee of US$2,500 per semester.