By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,130 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Sports Coaching|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science Education|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The aim of the programme is to produce graduates who will ensure standards in club, national and international sports coaching. The objectives are to train students to appreciate the scientific principles underlying player quality and player management and also to understand the range of suitable techniques for team coaching and player development.
The programme is also designed to make students knowledgeable about various health or injury problems associated with poor training principles as well as understand the links between health and sports performance. Students are further trained to understand the links between Health, Physical Education and Sports performance as well as know the management principles of sports organizations.
The target group for the programme include:
• SHS (Senior High School) certificate holders
• Security personnel
• Sports personnel
A. WASSCE Candidates
i) Credit passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science OR Social Studies, and
ii) Credits in any three relevant elective subjects.
B. SSSCE Candidates
i) Credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies, plus
ii) Credits in any three relevant elective subjects.
C. Mature Candidates
– Must be at least 25 years of 1st August of the year of application
– Must hold:
– Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ or Post-Secondary Certificate ‘A’
– SSSCE/WASSCE with passes in English and Mathematics or Certificate of professional training from a recognised institution
– Must pass the UEW Entrance Examination
D. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Candidates
i) Credit passes (Grade 6) at GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations in five (5) subjects including English, Mathematics and at least one Science subject (for non-science students) or an Arts subject (for Science Students).
ii) Passes in three (3) subjects with at least one of the passes being a Grade D or better.
E. Diploma Holders
– Must possess a good Diploma in Sports Coaching/Physical Education from the University of Education, Winneba or any recognised institution.
– Must have one year working experience after graduation.
Applicants Should Follow the Guidelines below:
In all cases, the following documents should be attached to the completed online application forms:
– Copies of certificates
– Copies of Transcripts of academic record
– One recent passport-size photograph
– Three referees’ reports. (To be submitted directly by referees to) The Dean, School of Graduate Studies = UEWP.O. BOx 25WINNEBA
Applicants should note that:
-No application will be processed unless all requirements are fully met
– Any change of address must be communicated at once to the Dean, School of Graduate Studies
– A change of programme after submission of application forms will NOT be allowed
– ALL certificates and results slips other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board, should be cleared with the Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the certificate(s)
– All applications must be submitted online at www.uew.edu.gh
Job opportunities are available in:
– Public and private organizations working in the fields of sports
– Keep Fit Clubs
– Sports Clubs
– Sports Organisations which need coaching services
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,130
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 6,508GHS
The Tuition Fees for International Students, is divided into FOUR main categories:
Tuition Fees per year for West African Countries = 16,865GHS (West African Countries include; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo)
Tuition Fees per year for Other African Countries = 19,023GHS
Tuition Fees per year for Carribean countries = 21,181GHS
Tuition Fees per year for All Other Foreign Countries = 23,345GHS
NOTE: Included in the fees of Final Year Students are;
– Congregation fee of GHS350.00
– Alumni dues GHS10.00