By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Education in Science|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Education|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
As Kenya seeks to be an industrial nation, the role of education in the industrialization process will be quite overwhelming. As a result of this, a large number of highly qualified teachers and educators will be needed. The faculty of Education. University of Nairobi, has therefore embarked on a flexible Bachelor of Education (Science) Degree Programme tailored to meet the challenges of the times.
Each student shall be required to take courses in education and combine them in major and minor teaching subjects from the following:
– Physics Geography
– Computer Studies Mathematics
– Biology Chemistry
The course comprises 52 minimum units
A semester shall comprise 45 contact hours covered in a period of 15 weeks.
The course is structured to have two (2) semesters in one calendar year. Students will be allowed up to a maximum of eight calendar years from the time of registration to complete the degree. They may be allowed to take time off whenever they are unable to register for the units.
1. Holders of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum aggregate performance of C+, or equivalent.
2. Holders of Mean Grade C- or equivalent plus a certificate and Diploma.
3. Holders of ‘O’ Level Division II or equivalent plus a Diploma
4. Holders ‘O’ Level Division III or equivalent Plus a Certificate and Diploma.
5.Holders of ‘O’ Level Division III or equivalent plus a three year Diploma from a recognized post secondary Institution for admissions to Bachelor of Education
6. Diploma from University of Nairobi or other recognized institutions and an aggregate of C in KCSE or equivalent.
7. ‘A’ Level with two Principal passes or equivalent in relevant subjects.
8. CPAII/CPS II/CIPS OR Equivalent for Commerce and Arts and should have attained an aggregate of C in KCSE or ‘O’ Level Division III.
9. P1 from a two-year post secondary training institution for entry into Bachelor of Education.
10. Higher National Diploma in relevant fields and should have attained an aggregate of C in KCSE
11. Degree from a recognized University
12. Equivalent qualifications to the above from institutions recognized by Senate.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Industrial Psychologist
– Environmental Science and Protection Technician
– Epidemiologist/Medical Scientist
– Forensic Science Technician.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 4 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
– Third year =
– Fourth year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.