By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,183 /year|
|Applications Begin:||July 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Arts in Rural Development|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Social Sciences and Humanities|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The programmes aims to impart skills in the analysis of major issues in the theories and practices of agricultural and rural development, with emphasis on interdisciplinary framework, drawing concepts and approaches from different disciplines i.e. economics, sociology, political science etc. Further to this, the programme also provides for better understanding of the international, national and local level agrarian problems, strategies and policies and the gaps between policy and practice that arise from actual rural conditions. The programme will thus provide opportunities for specialization in Population and Development; Gender and Development and Political Economy of Agrarian Change.
DS 600 Social Science Research Methodology
DS 601 Social Science Statistics
DS 604 Political Economy of Agrarian Change
DS 608 Design, Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation of Rural Development Projects/Programmes DS 612 Rural Development Issues
EE 601 Rural Sociology
DS 611 Dissertation
DS 602 Population and Development
DS 603 Gender and Development
DS 605 Regional and Rural Development Planning
DS 606 Agricultural Policy and Planning
DS 607 Natural Resource Assessment for Development Planning, Utilisation and Conservation
DS 609 Development Administration
DS 610 Rural Industrialization
AEA 607 Economic Development
EE 624 Village Dynamics
HN 604 Food Security
MN 607 Social Anthropology
1) A candidate shall either hold a relevant honours degree of Sokoine University of Agriculture or a qualification from an approved institution of higher learning, deemed to be equivalent to an honours degree of Sokoine University of Agriculture.
2) Candidates who hold unclassified degrees (e.g. BVM) should have a credit or a distinction in the subject of intended Master’s degree. Candidates wishing to pursue the Master of Preventive Medicine degree shall be required to have at least credits in any five subjects of the BVM degree or its equivalent.
3) Candidates with pass degree may also be considered for admission if their undergraduate performance in the proposed subject of study was a B Grade average or above and they have satisfied the relevant Academic Units that they have exhibited academic potential through extensive field work, subsequent research experience and/or additional training.
4) With the exception of the MPVM and MBA (Agribusiness) which are one year and one and half years degree programmes respectively, all other Master degree programmes are tenable for two years for full time students and three years for part time students. In the case of full time students, the first year is for coursework, while the second year is for research and dissertation writing.
How to Apply for Admission:
(a) Application forms can be downloaded from the school website:
http://www.sua.ac.tz/postgraduate-application-forms. Application forms can also be requested from the Director’s Office through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Such dully-filled forms can be returned physically or mailed to the undersigned together with evidence of payment of Tanzanian Shillings TZS 50,000/= or US$ 20 for international students as application fee (normal application ) or TZS 80,000/= or US$50 for international students (for all late applications ). Payments should be made through A/C NO. 0150076769860 CRDB Bank: Swift Code No CORUTZTZXXX.
(b) Online application through http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome. Make sure that all relevant academic and financial documents are attached before final submission is made.
Career Opportunities for Master of Arts in Rural Development include:
– Research Officer
– Rural Executives
– Rural Manager
– Senior Program Officer
– Project Co-ordinator/Project
– Rural Minister
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,183
Tuition Fees per year for Tanzanian Students = 2,750,000 TZS
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 8,849,137 TZS
NB: The Tuition fees per year for all Students is an addition of the First Semester Fees: 3,000,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 4,025 USD (International Students) PLUS the Second Semester Fees: 2,500,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 3,625 (International Students), then Divided by TWO.