By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$727 /year|
|Applications Begin:||July 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Mineral Sciences in Rock Mechanics|
|Start Date:||January 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Mines|
|Campus:||Great East Road Campus|
|Course Type:||Master by Research|
|Application Deadline:||January 2021|
The School of Mines started postgraduate programmes leading to the degree of Master of Mineral Sciences (MMinSc) in all three disciplines in 1983. This was followed by the introduction of multi-disciplinary Master of Mineral Sciences degree in Small Scale Mining in 1999. In principle, MMinSc studies at the School of Mines can be either by course work, followed by research, or by research only.
School of Mines to be a leader in the provision of higher education in mines and mineral sciences in the region and beyond, celebrated for its comprehensive and rigorous teaching, learning, research and scholarly programmes that are responsive to the needs of individuals, industry and society.
Applicants must possess
– A Bachelors of Mineral Science degree with a merit or better from the University of Zambia or its equivalent from any recognized University;
– Alternative Criteria: In special circumstances, candidates in possession of bachelor’s degree with credit and at least 2 years relevant work experience may be considered.
Postgraduate Application Process
– Application forms can be obtained from the Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies or downloaded from the links provided by the school.
– Completed application forms should be accompanied by a payment of a non-refundable application fee of K150.00 for Zambians and US$60.00 for non-Zambians.
– Postal and Money Orders are no longer accepted. Money should be deposited into DRGS Account number 0100110272200 Standard Chartered Main Branch Lusaka. Send original deposit slip to the Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies.
Some career opportunities for this programme are:
– Senior Rock Mechanics Engineer.
– Senior Rock Mechanics Engineer – Denver.
– Intern – Geotechnical Engineer.
– Mechanical Engineer.
– Intern – Geotechnical Engineer.
– Geomechanical Engineer II.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zambian Students: $727
Tuition fee per year for Zambian Students= 14,500 ZMK
Tuition fee per year for International Students= 170,118 ZMK