By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,489 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Arts in Religious Studies|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
The Master of Arts in Religious Studies programme provides an opportunity for advancement in Religious Studies within the limits of what can be done in twelve months. The M.A. is meant for general ministerial preparation for various kinds of pastoral and Para-church ministry and Bible College teaching.
– Cultivate competent skills in the study and interpretation of the Scriptures;
– Develop skills for research and application of research findings to the solution of prob¬lems that confronts our culture;
– Evidence of an understanding of the historical development of theology and an ability to support their theological views and apply them to contemporary issues and
– Develop skills for communication in academic, social and in other situations of life and existence
– Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in field of study.
– Candidates may be asked to do a preparatory course if they do not have an accredited qualification in Theology.
– International applicants must have qualifications equivalent to the above to be considered for admission. Their results must also be translated into English and they should be able to read and write in English.
– All potential students will be invited for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants may apply online by clicking http://online.central.edu.gh to buy an E-voucher for GH100.00 (for Ghanaian applicants) or the cedi equivalent of US 100.00 (for foreign applicants) at Ecobank branches. Use the PIN and SERIAL NUMBER on the E-voucher to apply online at apply.central.edu.gh. VISA branded cards and MTN Mobile Money can also be used to purchase E-vouchers online.
Applicants will be required to:
– Upload their 2 passport size photographs, certificates/ Results slips
– Present original copies of their supporting documents to the Admissions office before semester registration will be allowed.The applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications.
** A form once submitted can only be viewed but cannot be edited.
1. Paper Application forms can be obtained for GHC100.00 (Undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) for Ghanaian applicants) and the cedi equivalent of USD 100.00 (Undergraduate and Graduate) (for foreign applicants) through the following:
2. By Banker’s Draft (in favour of Central University) from the Finance Office at the Mataheko and Kumasi campuses of the university, or from the permanent campus at Miotso, off the Accra-Aflao Road.
3. Ecobank, Zenith Bank and GCB Bank branches nationwide and from the 170 Ghana post office branches across the country.
4. Undergraduate application forms may also be downloaded HERE and completed. Applicants would have to pay GHC 100 for Ghanaian (undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) (for Ghanaian applicants) or cedi equivalent of USD100 for foreign applicants, paid at the time of submission. Graduate application form can be downloaded HERE
**An applicant must submit the following at the time of application directly to the University:
– A completed Application Form
– An official Results Slip/Certificate
– Transcripts from previous Universities (where applicable). Such transcripts should be sent directly to the Admissions Officer. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for transcript(s) and /or transfer form to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
**The completed paper application documents along with photographs, transcripts and certificates/results slips must be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer
(Off the Accra-Aflao Road)
P.O.Box 2305, Community
For further clarifications kindly call the Admissions Hotline: +233 303 318583 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
– Graduates can work in churches and other church organisations.
– Training enables graduates to begin their own organisations.
– Graduates can work with research institutions.
– Those interested in further studies can move on to read their M.Phil. doctorate degrees
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,489
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 8,616 GHS
Tuition Fess per year for International Students = 23,721 GHS
– Fee payments may be made at any Ecobank branch with cash or a Bankers Draft.
– Miscellaneous payments of less than GHC 35 may be made in cash at the Finance Office.
– All Freshmen students must pay all fees for a semester before the first day of class.
– Continuing students must pay ½ of total fees for the semester before the first day of class. The remaining fees must be paid within 4 weeks of the start of the semester. Payments not made by this deadline will incur a penalty. Please contact the Finance Office for more information on penalties.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances will students be allowed to take final exams until their fees for the semester have been paid in full.
PAYMENT FOR FEES BY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLICANTS
– International Students paying fees from their home country can pay via wire transfer into our Ecobank account with the details below.
– Nigerians in particular are advised to use Ecobank Nigeria since the transfer takes 1 day, as compared to other banks which take between 2 to 5 working days
– Fees received into this account will then be credited to the student’s account in the transflow,
– Student information required as part of the transfer information are;
**Fresh Students – Student’s Name and Applicant ID [Semester 1 only]
**Continuing Students – Student Name and Registration Number [ID Number]