By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$921 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
Religion remains an integral part of the society to date. Even in the midst of scientific and technological development, religious beliefs continue to influence the lives of the people, especially here in Africa where they greatly influence people’s social, moral, psychological and political lives.
Religious Studies is thus an indispensable discipline as it deals with issues affecting the society at all levels. This programme seeks to enhance and strengthen the students’ scientific research and examinations of religious beliefs and practices with the aim of enabling them apply their skills in the society.
The programme will enable the students to draw some sound conclusions on religious beliefs and practices and critically ensure that questions raised in areas of scriptural studies (Bible, Koran, Vedas etc) and religious systems are well answered for better understanding of the society.
Training in Religious Studies for proper, meaningful and relevant interpretation of religious beliefs and systems.
Religious beliefs play a significant role in determining people’s moral/ethical behaviour. Religion is one of the pillars of culture the others being politics, economics, ethics, aesthetics and kinship. It is thus an indispensable component of any culture.
As such Religious Studies remains a vital discipline as far as the study of any society is concerned. Thus students of religion as people who later work in the society will benefit immensely from this programme.
The programme targets teachers, church leaders, Para-church workers, workers in non-governmental organizations and many other groups who in one way or another serve in the society. The programme is unique in that it borrows extensively from other fields such as philosophy and sociology with the aim of producing holistic graduates.
The main goal of the programme is to contribute to national and global development by introducing courses that are relevant to the community and integrating them with people’s religious and moral/ethical behaviour. At the end of the training, the students will be able to answer the needs and expectations both in academic and in character formation in the society
The programme will be offered on a full-time basis covered in four (4) academic years, and part-time or school-based basis covered in six (6) academic years.
To graduate, the student must complete a minimum of one hundred and twenty (120) credit factors and must pass in all courses taken.
Besides the Religious Studies core courses, the student must take at least four University Common Core Courses
Candidates admitted into this programme must fulfil the minimum general University entry requirements for a Bachelor’s programme.
– A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (or equivalent) with an average grade C+ (Plus) and passes in Humanities and social sciences subjects.
– A Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education or General Certificate of education, Advanced level or equivalent with one of the following combinations: Principal passes in Religious Studies and/or History/ or Social education and/ Ethics or A Subsidiary pass in Religious Studies and/or English/or Social Education and Ethics.
– Those with Diploma in Religious Studies, Theology, Philosophy or Ethics from an institution recognized by Chuka University senate qualify for admission into this programme.
Applications should be on official forms available at the University Main Campus at Chuka, Igembe Campus at Ntuene or Keigoi High School, Embu Campus in Embu Town, Chogoria Campus at Nturiri High School, Tharaka Campus at Gatunga High School, OR Website: www.chuka.ac.ke; A Non-refundable fee of KES 3000 for Phd programmes, KES 2,000 for degree and diploma programmes and KES 1000 for certificate courses will equally be deposited.
The following documents should be made available:
– Originals & a copy of all Transcripts, Diplomas or Certificates (All originals, where necessary, will be returned)
– One recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of the National Identity Card or Birth Certificate
– Preferred Campus should be indicated on the application form
– Certified copies of certificates and original fee payment receipt MUST be attached to the application form and returned latest two weeks prior to the commencement dates given for the programmes
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of this programme the graduates should be able to:
– Explain how people’s religious belief systems influence their social, cultural, political, ethical and religious lives.
– Underscore the role/significance of religion in the society.
– Apply the various concepts and skills learnt in their service to the society.
– Possess the ability to pursue careers and postgraduate training in religious areas
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $921
Tuition fee per year for Kenyan Students = KES. 100,000
Tuition fee per year for International Students = KES 125,000
– The Institute reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.
– The University policy obliges students to pay the full amount of fees as required on the first day of reporting before they are registered.