By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$804 /year|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Public Health|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
This Degree provides a three-year full time day, evening and weekend program of intensive study for students wishing to earn a Bachelor of Public Health degree. Students study the broad range of public health concerns, including individual disease prevention and injury reduction behavior, distribution and development of disease through epidemiological assessment and community program development, implementation, and evaluation.
– Students learn to use educational interventions to provide health information, gain experience in assessing the needs of target populations, clarify program goals and objectives, and develop strategies to motivate and involve their clients/patients in educational interventions.
– Public Health Majors typically work in voluntary health agencies, public health departments, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, corporate worksites, community health organizations, family planning clinics, and managed care facilities, to name a few.
– Foundations Of Public Health
– Communication Skills
– Introduction To Information Communication And Technology
– Health And Health Behavior
– Principles Of Epidemiology
– Human Biology
– First Aid And Emergency Rescue
– Communicable And Non-Communicable Diseases
– Public Health Microbiology And Disease Surveillance
– Health Counseling And Guidance
– Public Health Nutrition
– Principles Of Environmental Health
– Community Organization And Socio Mobilization
– Principles Of Demography And Population Dynamics
– Principles Of Health Education And Advocacy
– Occupational Health & Safety
– Research Methodology
– Basic Public Health Laws And Code Of Practice
– Community Health Practice
– Field Training
– Family And Reproductive Health
– Health Monitoring And Evaluation
– Social Marketing For Health
– Health Economics And Financing
– Health Policy Planning And Management
– Project Planning And Management
– Research Project
– Health Informatics
– Mental Health
The minimum entry requirements for admission are:
(a) At least five (5) passes at the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent
(b) At least two (2) principal passes at the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
– Conditional admission will be verified after getting the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) Results print – out.
– Within the framework of the general direct entry requirements, there may be Special Faculty Requirements which a candidate must fulfill to gain admission to a programme in a specific Faculty.
Mature Age Entry
(a) A candidate must be at least 25 years of age
(b) The candidate must have passed Mature Age Entry Examinations with 50% mark or above
(c) The Mature Age Entry Examinations must have been taken at a Centre approved by the NCHE
(d)No candidate who had previously attended a programme at Cavendish University Uganda shall be readmitted to the University under this scheme to a programme of study in which he/she failed to qualify during his/her previous attendance.
A Diploma Holder`s Avenue
A candidate must have obtained at least a second class/credit diploma or the equivalent performance which is relevant to his/her desired field of study from a recognized institution.
Foundation Programme Certificate
A candidate who holds a Foundation Programme Certificate from a recognized institution is eligible for admission.
Applications submitted by candidates who do not meet the traditional entry criteria can only be considered after consultations with the NCHE for guidance and with the approval of the Senate.
Admission to level Other than the First Year
Admission to the second or third or any other year requires the special consideration and permission of the relevant Faculty Board and the Senate in accordance with the University policies on Exemption and Credit Accumulation and Transfer.
A holder of a 12- year-system of education Certificate:
A holder of this Certificate such as the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or the equivalent is required to successfully complete a Foundation Year before enrolling for the Bachelor`s degree programme.
– The University may consider for admission to a degree programme a candidate who has successfully completed a 12 – year – system of education provided that such a candidate has been registered at another University, prior to applying to Cavendish University Uganda, for a degree programme and has successfully completed at least one year of University education. Such a candidate must, however, submit the University academic transcript from that other University.
The Candidate must have a qualification that is recognized for University entry in his/her home country or country where he/she has studied. The applicant will be offered a provisional admission for one semester pending equating of his/her qualification.
Application is done Online at : https://cavendish.ac.ug/student-application-form
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Science in Public Health include:
– Dietitian and Nutritionist
– Emergency Management Specialist
– Health Educators and Community Health Workers
– Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
– Public Health Nurse
– Social and Community Service Managers
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $804
Tuition Fees per year for Ugandan Students = 2,964,000 UGX
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 3,425,474 UGX
** The annual tuition is an addition of the fees for each of the two semesters 1,482,000 UGX (Ugandans) and 450 USD (International Students)
**Students who pay in advance will be have a 5% discount.