By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$521 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Logistics|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of IT Business|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
Students must complete eight semesters in four years to earn Bachelor of Science in Procurement & Logistics. Top Up students must only take four to six semesters to graduate for the award.
There are two intakes in an academic year. They are;
– September(mainstream) intake
– January intake
Note: The January intake completes it 2nd semester in August (summer school) and merges with the mainstream in September.
This programme is available on all GTUC- Satellite campuses in Ghana. They are:
– Accra(Greater Accra Region)
– Kumasi(Ashanti Region)
– Koforidua(Eastern Region)
– Takoradi(Western Region) and
– Ho(Volta Region)
Criteria for Admission Candidates for admission to the various courses will normally be expected to satisfy the general admission requirements of the University as specified in the Academic Regulations. This requires achieving either:
– Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSCE) and WASSCE holders: Passes in six (6) subjects with an aggregate score of 24 or better including English, Integrated Science, Mathematics or Social Studies in the relevant areas of study.
– General Certificate of Education (GCE) holders: Five (5) credit passes at GCE Ordinary Level including English and Mathematics. Passes at the GCE Advanced Level in three (3) subjects with grade D or better in the relevant field of study.
– Other Qualifications: International Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE, GCSE, the American Grades 12 and 13 examinations, etc. which are equivalent to the SSSCE and GCE.
– Holders of verifiable qualifications in courses of approved content in relevant field of study from recognized institutions. This is assessed on individual basis.
– Mature Students: Mature applicants must be 25 years and above at the time of submitting the application, be in gainful employment and pass an entrance examination and interview.
– ‘Top Up’ Applicants: Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized polytechnic with at least 2nd Class Lower Division and holders of verifiable diplomas from accredited tertiary institutions. This will be assessed on individual basis.
– International Students: International students may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those stated above, and demonstrate a competence to study using the English Language. In addition to the above entry qualification, the applicant shall be required to produce two letters of recommendation from his/her high school.
– Admission criteria are set and monitored by Coventry University. Applications with non-standard qualifications are sent to the Faculty of Engineering and Computing in Coventry University for a decision.
4-yr Degree Programmes
Admission to level 100 would require the following entry qualifications:
– Senior Secondary School applicants seeking admission must have passes in six subjects with an aggregate score of 20 or better in the WASSCE/SSSCE including core subjects such as Must have passes in core subjects such as English, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies with passes in 3 electives such as Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Literature, French, Economics, Cost Accounting, Business Studies, Business Mathematics, Typing, Clerical Office Duties, Literature in English etc.
– Three passes in Advanced Business Certificate Examinations in addition to five passes in GCE ‘O’ Level or GBCE including English and Mathematics
– Applicants with American Grade 12 school certificate must obtain a minimum of Credits in relevant subjects.
– Holders of GTUC 6-month Certificate Programmes with a minimum Cumulative Weight Average of 80%.
– Five passes in General Business Certificate Examination including English and Mathematics and three passes in Advanced Business Certificate Examination in relevant subjects.
– Candidates with GCE Advanced Level must have passes in 3 subjects of which at least one must be grade D.
– Holders of International Baccalaureate (IB).
Candidates who apply as mature students must meet the following requirements:
i. Be at least 25 years of age
ii. Have at least three (3) years work experience
iii. Have a relevant professional or work experience, or have authored some work in a relevant field.
iv. Must have passes in three (3) core subjects’ i.e. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus a pass in any two elective subjects that are relevant to faculty requirements.
v. Must have credits in 5 ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
vi. Diploma from a Teacher Training College
In addition, mature students must go through a compulsory mature access course for a period of at least 2 months. The applicant must also pass a competitive Mature Students Entrance Examination in order to gain admission. The examination comprises:
Papers in Mathematics and English Language.
ii. Papers in Physics for candidates applying for programmes in Telecommunication Engineering and Computer Engineering. Applicants to other faculties must write papers that are specific to the requirements of the faculties as well as papers in Logic and topical issues.
2½ yr Top Up Degree
– Have an HND qualification with a minimum grade of Second Class Lower Division from a recognized Polytechnic.
– Be Holders of GTUC Diploma with a minimum Cumulative Weight Average (CWA) of 65%.
Offline Application Procedure
Application forms for admission could be obtained at the GTUC Information Centre, Tesano – Accra, the Kumasi Campus near Ahodwo roundabout, Koforidua Campus Charley Junction, Ho Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Head Office, Takoradi Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Office and at the website www.gtuc.edu.gh here.
Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH¢150.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.
Completed application forms with certified copies of Certificates / result slips should be submitted to the admissions offices before the closing date.
Online Application Procedure
– Purchase a voucher nationwide at Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB) at GH120.00 through the SMART _ PAY platformVisit GTUC website: www.gtuc.edu.gh and click on online application
– Enter the Serial Number and Pin on the voucher
– Complete application form, scan and attach your passport sized photograph and relevant documents
– Print a copy of the completed form and submit to GTUC Admissions Office
Graduates of this programme can pursue careers in:
– supply chain design and planning
– procurement and supply management
– freight transportation
– warehouse design and management
– distribution network design and planning
– inventory management and control.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $521
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = GH¢3,000
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = GH¢14,436
– Fresh students are required to pay full semester fees before or during registration
– Continuing students are required to pay at least 60% of their fees on or before the day of registration. Failure to pay the required 60% percent by the end of second week after the beginning of the semester in question will attract a penalty of GH¢200.00.