By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Medicine in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Medicine|
|Campus:||Kenyatta National Hospital Campus|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
objectives of the course
– Produce Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons with knowledge, requisite skills and competencies in management of elective and emergency conditions requiring plastic and reconstructive surgery.
– Produce Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons equipped with ability to translate research findings to clinical practice
– The training program shall be completed in a minimum of 5 academic years and subject to permission from the Senate, can be extended to a maximum of 10 academic years.
– The first two years shall be common to all Masters’ Programmes within the Department of surgery.
– The course shall consist of 236 units of 60 hours each taken over 15 terms of 12 weeks each
– All courses units shall be compulsory
– The degree programme shall be offered full time in two parts;
– Part one (years one and two) shall consist of the following courses:Year one: Surgical Anatomy, Surgical Physiology, Principles of Surgery, Surgical Pathology, and Surgery, log book, Research methods, Biostatistics Epidemiology
Year Two: Principles and Practice of Surgery including applied molecular biology, and rotations in general surgery (6 months) orthopaedic and trauma surgery (3 months), ICU and critical care (3 months).
Part Two (years three, four and five) shall cover; basic and advanced Principles and Practice of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Log book Dissertation and
a) Manual on code of conduct of Medical Ethics published by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board in Kenya
b) Public Officers Ethics Act, 2003, Part III, general Code of Conduct and Ethics
– A candidate exceeding the prescribed maximum duration of the course without valid reason shall be discontinued.
Common Regulations for the Master of Medicine Degree in the University of Nairobi shall apply and candidates eligible for admission into the course shall fulfil the following conditions;
Hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree of the University of Nairobi or equivalent qualification from an institution recognised by the University of Nairobi Senate.
Possess evidence of registration or eligibility to be licensed by Medical Practitioner’s and Dentists Board in Kenya. Must also show evidence of retention on the list of the Medical Practitioner’s and Dentists Board
Possess a certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board or any equivalent authority from the country of origin.
Show proficiency in use of the English language.
Possess a valid professional indemnity cover during the period of clinical training.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– Plastic Surgeons
– Physician Assistant
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 5 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
– Third year =
– Fourth year =
– Fifth year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.