By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,337 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy|
|Start Date:||October 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Rehabilitation|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
The program aims to produce graduate physiotherapists enabled to:
– Promote the health and social well being of individuals and groups through evidence-based practices towards the assessment, treatment, and evaluation of physiotherapy interventions.
– Provide physiotherapy services according to individual needs
– Manage physiotherapy services
– Work effectively as members of multi-disciplinary health care teams in either acute hospitals, rehabilitation centres, and community-based settings.
– Conduct research in healthcare services.
– Adapt physiotherapy approaches to changing health needs globally and in their local settings.
– Enhance self physiotherapy continuous professional development
– Engage in physiotherapy education program by training others
Programme learning outcomes
By the end of the programme students will be able to:
1. Plan and undertake a short term research project from proposal to its completion showing awareness and understanding of ethical issues.
2. Relate how signs and symptoms of diseases or disorders affect human movement and body function
3. Apply physiotherapy methods in the assessment of clients who as suffering from various illnesses.
4. Identify patients who require referral to other disciplines.
5. Apply skills of working effectively as members of multi and inter-disciplinary health care teams in health care settings.
6. Treat diseases and disorders that affect movement and body function by using physiotherapy methods.
7. Conduct preventive, promotive and rehabilitative care accordingly.
8. Plan and undertake a short term research project from proposal to its completion showing awareness and understanding of ethical issues.
This course runs under the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine for four(4)years for direct entrants and three (3) years for the equivalent entrants. Graduates from this programme are expected to have high Physiotherapy professional competence in clinical practice so as to raise the standards of health care services.
All courses are taught in English. Therefore it is imperative that students are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. It is upon the candidate to satisfy oneself that he/she meets this important requirement and provides evidence thereof (e.g. TOEFL iBTTM score of 65 and above or equivalent) registering for any course at this college
Three principal passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with minimum entry of 6 points. Whereby one must have at least C grade in Chemistry and at least a D grade in Biology and E grade in Physics.
All equivalent applicants may apply for the above programs if they meet the requirements stated below:
– Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with at least five (5) passes including two credit passes in Chemistry and Biology and a D grade in Physics PLUS appropriate Diploma or Advanced Diploma with an average of “B+’’ or GPA of 3.5
BSc (lower second) majoring in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology /Zoology.
All applicants holding foreign qualifications must have their qualifications validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting their applications for admission as follows
I. The National Examination Council of Tanzania in respect of certificates secondary education and teaching education; and
II. The National Council for Technical Education with respect to NTA level 6 qualification.
How to Apply:
Every Applicant should prepare documents which include:
– Relevant certificates
– Birth Certificate, among others (Contact School = firstname.lastname@example.org)
All of the documents should be attached to an application form which can be gotten with a fee of:
** 50,000 TZS for local students
** 115485 TZS for International students
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– Animal physiotherapist
– Higher education lecturer
– Sports therapist
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,337
Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students = 3,100,000 TZS
Tuition Fees for International Students = 5,782,500 TZS
– Fees paid will not be refunded if the student leaves or withdraws or leaves the college without permission
– Actual costs will vary depending upon the specific year and needs of the student.
– Foreign students shall be required to pay for a resident permit, and must check the prevailing amount as may be determined by the Government from time to time.
– The University College reserves the right to change any fees, deposits, and other charges or any other provisions of this section at any time and without prior notification to the student or their sponsor and any such changes shall have immediate effect.