By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$505 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Physiology|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Biomedical Science|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
About the Programme
This program emphasizes on the study of the human body function. It ensures that physiologists have knowledge of the structure and functions of the whole organism, organs, tissues, cells and now molecules/proteins.
A wide range of methods are used. This will involve understanding how these proteins influence the activity of cells, tissues and the whole organism in health and disease. BSc Physiology is a full time taught program which includes, taught courses, practical, laboratory rotation/attachment and a research report at the end of the third and final year.
Objectives the Programme
This programme aims to accomplish the following:
– Provision of Physiology services which contribute effectively to good health promotion.
– Apply the knowledge of the Basic (multi-professional) and biomedical courses specifically Physiology in provision of Physiological services. Apply physiological laboratory practice to provide services to the community
– To provide physiological services in an ethical manner showing appropriate attitude and professionalism; to work effectively as a member of a team, as a leader or being led
– Management of physiological services, administer and manage Physiology services effectively including personnel/ assets/ Finances.
– To manage information systems in Physiology, communicate effectively with people being administered, plan and conduct research to fill in some of the existing gaps in physiology.
– To apply the process of critical thinking in conducting research; apply evidence-based knowledge in dealing with physiology issues.
– Provide effective teaching in Physiology; function as an effective member of information sharing systems in seminars/ Journal clubs/ workshops/ conferences/ publication of generated information/ etc.
Mission: To respond to societal needs by designing and delivering an education guided by the principles and values of respect for society, economy and environment.
Vision: To become a premier and dynamic institution of international repute that prepares students for the world of work and for an inclusive society.
Philosophy of the Programme: To train scientists who are able to research, innovate, and handle challenges in the communities they will serve. The graduates will also have knowledge, skills and above all appropriate attitudes that will make them competent scientists particularly in the field of Physiology.
Candidates should have at least 2 principal pass in relevant subjects in A’level certification and or its equivalents in relevant examination governing pragrammes.
Kampala International University admits 3 times in a year; in December/January, March/April and August/September.
Step 1: Pick-up an application form from the Admissions office at any of our Campuses below:
– Admission office at Main Campus in Kansanga, Kampala.
– Western Campus in Bushenyi
– For international applicants in Kenya and Tanzania, visit our offices in Nairobi and Tanzania.
– For other countries, visit the KIU Liaison Offices.
– Alternatively, download an application form from KIU website: Download It Here which can be filled and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Click on the link to complete the online application: https://admissions.kiu.ac.ug (a scanned copy of the admission letter will be sent to your email, and once the application has been approved, the original copy will be collected from our Main campus in Kansanga (Admissions Office-Online Desk)
The application fee is 50,000Ug.shs for both Ugandans and International students (non-Ugandans). For online applicants, the application fee is paid to the Finance Office when you report collecting the original admission.
Step 2: Complete the application forms clearly and enclose or attach the following:
– 3 photocopies of each ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Secondary school result slips or equivalent [Diploma and Bachelor Degree] and three certified copies of transcripts of Bachelor and Master Degrees [postgraduate degrees].
– A photocopy of a receipt for payment for the application form.
– 3 recent passport size photographs.
– Photocopies of Birth Certificate/ National ID/ Passport
Step 3: Submit a fully completed form with the required attachments to the following addresses:
– By physical submission – kindly return form and attachments to the Admission office.
– By email – kindly send it to email@example.com.
– By post – kindly send to:
The Director of Admissions, Kampala International University
Tel: +256-041-266813, +256-392001816, +256-041-267634
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– Biomedical scientist
– Clinical research associate
– Clinical scientist, audiology
– Clinical scientist, physiological sciences
– Exercise physiologist
– Research scientist (medical)
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $505
Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students = 1,860,000 UGX
Tuition Fees for International Students = 3,706,590 UGX
**The Kampala International University reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.