|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Education in Physics Education|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Education|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
The programme shall focus on educational practitioners who require relevant knowledge, skills and values to be effective in the pedagogy of Physics Education. The clientele for this programme will be researchers, curriculum designers, developers, implementers and evaluators in Physics Education. The program in pedagogy for Physics Education is intended to improve strategic thinking, eliminate wastage and add value in teaching, management and evaluation of Physics Education.
This programme shall enable the learner:
(i) Acquire advanced knowledge, values and skills in Physics Education.
(ii) Apply learning theories in the teaching of Physics Education.
(iii) Examine trends and issues relevant to Physics Education.
(iv) Develop competence necessary for carrying out research in Physics Education.
The degree programme has two options: course work, examination and project as option one and course work, examination and thesis as option two.
Face to Face teaching mode
The programme shall be offered for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum period of twelve semesters.
A candidate who writes a project will take 5 core units in the first semester, 2 core and 3 elective units in the second semester, 4 units and writes the project proposal in the 3rd semester and writes the project in the 4th semester.
Open, Distance and e-Learning (ODeL) mode
The programme will be offered by Open and Distance e-Learning (ODeL) mode. This will involve various media of delivery as follows:
**The common regulations for the Master’s degrees in the University of Nairobi and the School of Education shall apply.
**The following shall be eligible for admission into the Master of Education (Physics Education):
– A holder of Bachelor of Education (BEd Science with physics major or minor) degree with at least Upper Second Class honours degree of the University of Nairobi or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate.
– A holder of Bachelor of Science degree (Physics) of the University of Nairobi with at least an upper second class honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate.
– A holder of lower second class degree in education (Physics) obtained from the University of Nairobi and two years teaching experience or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate.
– A holder of a pass degree in Bachelor of Education (Physics) from the University of Nairobi and five years teaching experience or any other qualification recognized by the Senate.
– A Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE).
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– Academic researcher
– Acoustic consultant
– Clinical scientist, medical physics
– Higher education lecturer
– Radiation protection practitioner
– Research scientist (physical sciences)
– Secondary school teacher
– Sound engineer
– Technical author
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 2 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.