By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
The program is aimed to prepare individuals to be leaders with governance, peacemaking, security and conflict studies skills, which they can apply to daily life situations, regardless of their academic disciplines or chosen professions.
Structure of the Programme
M IR501 Theories and Concepts of International Relation
M IR502 The United Nations Organisation
M IR503 Globalisation and International Development
PC503 Research Methods and Statistics
MIR505 Africa and the World
M IR506 World Issues of Our time
M IR507 Politics in the Third World
M IR508 International Law
MIR509 Strategic Studies
M IR510 Terrorism
The dissertation must be submitted on or before the due date, which will be given to the student at the beginning of the final year of study. The candidate will submit three loose bound copies of the dissertation to the relevant department.
Normally a student will spend the final six months of the program working solely on the dissertation. The dissertation is a core and its weighting is five courses. The relevant department will appoint at least one suitable member of its staff to supervise the student’s work.
There will be a minimum of 60 hours of contact time between the student and his/her supervisor during the final six-month period. The contact will not necessarily be on an individual basis.
Two internal examiners and one external examiner will supervise the dissertation. The examiners will produce detailed reports and make recommendations. Normally, the candidate will also be required to present his/her dissertation orally to the Department Board of Examiners.
The Department Board of Examiners will consider the oral examination and the three examiners’ reports and decide on the final mark for the dissertation. Where appropriate, the Department Panel of Examiners will advise the candidate on amendments to be made to the dissertation
All applicants have to meet the following minimum requirements for admission prescribed under the general regulations (i.e.):
– A good first Degree from a recognized University will be considered.
– Equivalent qualifications will be considered including Higher National Diploma in Journalism, Human Resources Management etc.
How to Apply
– Application forms may be downloaded by clicking here or obtained from the University, Admissions Office.
– Payment of application fees can be done at the University Cash Office or through any CBZ Bank – A/c No: 662-60902130074, Bindura Branch
– Complete the application form in full and indicate on top of the application form the intake you prefer (March or August) and the mode of study (Block or Full Time).
– Post or hand-deliver your completed application form to; Assistant Registrar – Admissions, Registration & Student Records, Bindura University of Science Education Bag 1020 Bindura.
– Attach certified copies of educational qualifications, I.D, Birth Certificate and proof of payment of the requisite application fees. Applications without these documents will not be processed.
– Successful candidates will be notified through their contact numbers and national press.
Possible career path for graduates with this degree include:
– Diplomat or Field Officer
– Nonprofit Director, Development, Communication Specialists, or Press Officer
– Policy Officer or Legal Advocate
– Conflict Resolution Expert or Consultant
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zimbabwean Students: $10,000
Tuiton Fee for Zimbawean Students= 10,000 ZWD
Tuition Fee for International Students= 1,809,500 ZWD