By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,337 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Nursing|
|Start Date:||October 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Nursing|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
The program aims at educating nurses and midwives who have already undergone a basic training program in Nursing Midwifery and Psychiatry it is designed to educate and produce nurses who will be able to address the contemporary and future needs of Tanzanians.
Overall Program Objectives
– The graduate nurse will be equipped to work within the health care system and his/her roles will be to:
– Engage in professional nursing practice, utilizing a recognized nursing philosophy.
– Utilize the nursing process effectively in the delivery of health care services to all clients across their life-span and all settings.
– Provide leadership and managerial skills for the improvement of health and nursing care within her/his scope of practice.
– Engage in experiential learning through reflective practise and peer evaluation. Recognize the need for continuous personal and professional development to maintain competence in her/his practice. Conduct relevant research and publish findings to enhance education, practice, and management in nursing. To critique and utilize research results in improving nursing and health care.
– Apply scientific, political, economic and social science knowledge in analyzing and addressing professional and societal problems.
– Demonstrate professional knowledge, skills, and competence in health promotion, risk prevention and reduction, and the management and care of clients.
– Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of personal and professional values and recognize their impact on decision making and professional behaviour as they relate to the provision of care of clients.
– Demonstrate an understanding of how health care delivery systems are organized and financed and their effect on patient care services.
– Demonstrate competence in the teaching, planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational and health programs for a variety of clients in different settings.
Programme Learning outcomes
At the end of the programme students will be able to:
1. Engage in professional nursing practice by utilizing a recognized nursing philosophy.
2. Deliver nursing care services to clients in all settings.
3. Provide leadership and managerial skills for the improvement of health and nursing care within her/his scope of practice.
4. Utilize evidence-based nursing information to provide quality and effective care
5. Conduct nursing research and disseminate findings to enhance education, practice and management in nursing.
6. Demonstrate professional knowledge, skills and competence in health promotion, risk prevention and reduction, and the management and care of clients.
7. Implement and evaluate educational and health programmes for a variety of clients in different settings.
The three-year program is divided into six semesters and each year is comprised of two semesters.
The program is tailored to meet the needs and challenges of the students. In Semesters 1 and 2, students are introduced to the Basic Biological Sciences and Communications Skills.
In Semesters 3 and 4 students are introduced to Nursing Leadership and Management (theories and processes), the Social Sciences (Anthropology, Sociology, Development Studies, and Psychology), Community Health Nursing, Research Methodology and Advanced Nursing Science (Medical Ethics, the use of the Nursing Process and Health Assessment). During semester 4 through 6 learners continue with advanced concepts of Nursing Leadership and Management, Nursing Science and Entrepreneurship, Community Health Nursing, Research Methodology, Nursing Education and Advance Nursing Science (Oncology, Pain Management, and Maternal and Neonatal Health)…
Three principal passes in Chemistry, Biology and either Physics or Mathematics or Nutrition with a minimum of 6 points. Whereby one must have at least C grade in Chemistry and at least a D grade in Biology and E grade in Physics or Mathematics or Nutrition.
All applicants holding foreign qualifications must have their qualifications validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting their applications for admission as follows
I. The National Examination Council of Tanzania in respect of certificates secondary education and teaching education; and
II. The National Council for Technical Education with respect to NTA level 6 qualification.
How to Apply:
Every Applicant should prepare documents which include:
– Relevant certificates
– Birth Certificate, among others (Contact School = email@example.com)
All of the documents should be attached to an application form which can be gotten with a fee of:
** 50,000 TZS for local students
** 115485 TZS for International students
Career opportunities for this course include:
– Legal Nurse Consultant
– Forensic Nurse Consultant
– Correctional Nurse
– Clinical Nurse Educator
– Informatics Nurse Specialist
– Telemedicine Nurse
– Quality Management Nurse Consultant
– Nurse Life-Care Planner.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,337
Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students = 3,100,000 TZS
Tuition Fees for International Students = 5,782,500 TZS
– Fees paid will not be refunded if the student leaves or withdraws or leaves the college without permission
– Actual costs will vary depending upon the specific year and needs of the student.
– Foreign students shall be required to pay for a resident permit, and must check the prevailing amount as may be determined by the Government from time to time.
– The University College reserves the right to change any fees, deposits, and other charges or any other provisions of this section at any time and without prior notification to the student or their sponsor and any such changes shall have immediate effect.