|Tuition Fees:||$827 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Management Studies|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Central Business School|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
The programme aims at enhancing the career of students pursuing the Management Studies programme by transferring to them comprehensive knowledge in theories and practice of Management as pertains in Ghana and the world over.
Key Expected Outcomes
Upon completion of programme, students should be equipped with a broad understanding of business and the public sector today and the practical management skills with which to become an effective manager. Students will gain an understanding of the internal functions and structures of organisations, as well as the contexts within which organisations operate in the private and public sectors.
They will develop the analytical skills needed both to solve a range of management problems and to competently use a number of management software packages. Students will also develop their individual skills of critical thinking, teamwork and leadership; be competent in analysing data; and have the communication skills vital for translating good ideas into action.
– To inculcate the practice of good and efficient management practices in students;
– To efficiently demonstrate to students the understanding of ethics in management and how to contribute significantly to the progress of organisations (state or private);
– To enable students gain a thorough understanding of the operations of the private and public sectors both locally and internationally;
– To gain the understanding of how to effectively and efficiently apply management skills in private and public institutions;
– To enable students appreciate contemporary and innovative concepts and theories in management to enable them keep abreast of new trends that are evolving with time.
Class Tests, Semester Examinations, Projects
Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate: Passes in core English, core Mathematics, core Science and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the West African Examination Council (WAEC) or with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the West African Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examinations (WASSCE).All passes must be at grade D (SSSCE) or grade C6 (WASSCE) or better.
General Certiﬁcate of Education: An applicant must have at least credit-level passes in 5 subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) at the GCE Ordinary Level and at least 2 passes at the GCE Advanced Level. One of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’ or better. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
Professional Qualiﬁcations: Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) with at least 3 Credits and 2 passes awarded by the Technical Examination Unit of GES. Other qualiﬁcations such as Private Secretary and Bilingual Secretaryship are eligible.
Mature Student’s Entry Requirement: Applicants without formal academic qualiﬁcations may be considered for admission if they are above 25 years old and have demonstrable relevant professional experience. Applicants will also be required to pass an entrance examination and/or an interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants may apply online by clicking http://online.central.edu.gh to buy an E-voucher for GH100.00 (for Ghanaian applicants) or the cedi equivalent of US 100.00 (for foreign applicants) at Ecobank branches. Use the PIN and SERIAL NUMBER on the E-voucher to apply online at apply.central.edu.gh. VISA branded cards and MTN Mobile Money can also be used to purchase E-vouchers online.
Applicants will be required to:
– Upload their 2 passport size photographs, certificates/ Results slips
– Present original copies of their supporting documents to the Admissions office before semester registration will be allowed.The applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications.
** A form once submitted can only be viewed but cannot be edited.
1. Paper Application forms can be obtained for GHC100.00 (Undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) for Ghanaian applicants) and the cedi equivalent of USD 100.00 (Undergraduate and Graduate) (for foreign applicants) through the following:
2. By Banker’s Draft (in favour of Central University) from the Finance Office at the Mataheko and Kumasi campuses of the university, or from the permanent campus at Miotso, off the Accra-Aflao Road.
3. Ecobank, Zenith Bank and GCB Bank branches nationwide and from the 170 Ghana post office branches across the country.
4. Undergraduate application forms may also be downloaded HERE and completed. Applicants would have to pay GHC 100 for Ghanaian (undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) (for Ghanaian applicants) or cedi equivalent of USD100 for foreign applicants, paid at the time of submission. Graduate application form can be downloaded HERE
**An applicant must submit the following at the time of application directly to the University:
– A completed Application Form
– An official Results Slip/Certificate
– Transcripts from previous Universities (where applicable). Such transcripts should be sent directly to the Admissions Officer. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for transcript(s) and /or transfer form to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
**The completed paper application documents along with photographs, transcripts and certificates/results slips must be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer
(Off the Accra-Aflao Road)
P.O.Box 2305, Community
For further clarifications kindly call the Admissions Hotline: +233 303 318583 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduates of the Management Studies programme have job opportunities in public and private sectors, the non-governmental sector and in the international arena. In the public sector, opportunities abound in civil service and other public sector organisations.
In the private sector, jobs abound in the manufacturing industry as well as the services sector such as
– insurance companies,
– telecom firms,
– and consultancy firms.
In the nongovernmental area, numerous local and regional organisations have employed our graduates. In the international community, our graduates have been employed by several international financial institutions. A significant number of our management graduates have established their own firms.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $827
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 4784 GHS
Tuition Fess per year for International Students = 25,940 GHS
– Fee payments may be made at any Ecobank branch with cash or a Bankers Draft.
– Miscellaneous payments of less than GHC 35 may be made in cash at the Finance Office.
– All Freshmen students must pay all fees for a semester before the first day of class.
– Continuing students must pay ½ of total fees for the semester before the first day of class. The remaining fees must be paid within 4 weeks of the start of the semester. Payments not made by this deadline will incur a penalty. Please contact the Finance Office for more information on penalties.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances will students be allowed to take final exams until their fees for the semester have been paid in full.
PAYMENT FOR FEES BY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLICANTS
– International Students paying fees from their home country can pay via wire transfer into our Ecobank account with the details below.
– Nigerians in particular are advised to use Ecobank Nigeria since the transfer takes 1 day, as compared to other banks which take between 2 to 5 working days
– Fees received into this account will then be credited to the student’s account in the transflow,
– Student information required as part of the transfer information are;
**Fresh Students – Student’s Name and Applicant ID [Semester 1 only]
**Continuing Students – Student Name and Registration Number [ID Number]