|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Journalism and Communication Studies (Public Relations and Mass Communication)|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Socio-Economic Sciences|
|Specialisations:||Public Relations and Mass Communication|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
This programme seeks to enable students who are fascinated by the world around them to appreciate the importance of human relations, social and cultural phenomena. It’s especially designed for individuals who hope to work in communications firms, media or public-relations officers, communication plan designers, information officers, journalists, researchers or analysts in fields like broadcasting and cinematographic policy.
The programme will equip students with a passion for facts and information. Students will discover that true journalists are not out to serve a specific cause, but rather to serve the public good.The specific objectives of this programme are to:
– Enable the students to acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values in public communication in order to create awareness in society
– Enable the students to critically analyse contemporary issues in society and disseminate information through various mass media
– Equip graduates with the right knowledge and skills that should enable them to become more competitive, creative, and enterprising in both the local an international mass media environments
– Train students in appropriate technology to collect, process, store and disseminate information with accuracy in a fair objective and balanced manner.
– Train students to be self-motivated in utilising skills and knowledge acquired to develop mass communication careers and for self-reliance.
The minimum entry requirements for admission are:
(a) At least five (5) passes at the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent
(b) At least two (2) principal passes at the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
– Conditional admission will be verified after getting the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) Results print – out.
– Within the framework of the general direct entry requirements, there may be Special Faculty Requirements which a candidate must fulfill to gain admission to a programme in a specific Faculty.
Mature Age Entry
(a) A candidate must be at least 25 years of age
(b) The candidate must have passed Mature Age Entry Examinations with 50% mark or above
(c) The Mature Age Entry Examinations must have been taken at a Centre approved by the NCHE
(d)No candidate who had previously attended a programme at Cavendish University Uganda shall be readmitted to the University under this scheme to a programme of study in which he/she failed to qualify during his/her previous attendance.
A Diploma Holder`s Avenue
A candidate must have obtained at least a second class/credit diploma or the equivalent performance which is relevant to his/her desired field of study from a recognized institution.
Foundation Programme Certificate
A candidate who holds a Foundation Programme Certificate from a recognized institution is eligible for admission.
Applications submitted by candidates who do not meet the traditional entry criteria can only be considered after consultations with the NCHE for guidance and with the approval of the Senate.
Admission to level Other than the First Year
Admission to the second or third or any other year requires the special consideration and permission of the relevant Faculty Board and the Senate in accordance with the University policies on Exemption and Credit Accumulation and Transfer.
A holder of a 12- year-system of education Certificate:
A holder of this Certificate such as the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or the equivalent is required to successfully complete a Foundation Year before enrolling for the Bachelor`s degree programme.
– The University may consider for admission to a degree programme a candidate who has successfully completed a 12 – year – system of education provided that such a candidate has been registered at another University, prior to applying to Cavendish University Uganda, for a degree programme and has successfully completed at least one year of University education. Such a candidate must, however, submit the University academic transcript from that other University.
The Candidate must have a qualification that is recognized for University entry in his/her home country or country where he/she has studied. The applicant will be offered a provisional admission for one semester pending equating of his/her qualification.
Application is done Online at : https://cavendish.ac.ug/student-application-form
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Bachelor of Journalism and Communication Studies (Public Relations and Mass Communication)include:
– Advertising copywriter
– Digital copywriter
– Market researcher
– Multimedia specialist
– Public relations officer
– Science writer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Ugandan Students = 2,184,000 UGX
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 2,457,156 UGX
** The annual tuition is an addition of the fees for each of the two semesters 1,092,000 UGX (Ugandans) and 325 USD (International Students)
**Students who pay in advance will be have a 5% discount.