By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in International Studies|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Institute of Diplomacy and International Studies|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
– Acquaint students with both theoretical and practical knowledge of key issues in international studies
– Create and improve knowledge of students working in various aspects of international system
– Create a pool of well-trained students to serve national, regional and international sectors
– Train and equip students for future leadership positions
– Impart knowledge that will enable students to serve both in governmental and non-governmental institutions
– Prepare students for further studies
– Lay a firm foundation in international studies
All candidates registered for the Bachelor of Arts in International Studies degree programme must study and pass all the Sixteen (16) IDIS core courses including Four (4) core common university courses in the first and second year.
There shall be one core unit in each semester of the third and fourth year. Students are therefore required to choose sixteen (16) electives during their third and fourth years of study
In the third year, students shall take two core units and eight electives; in the fourth year during the first semester, students will take four core units ( two core units and a research project which is equivalent to 2 course units). Subsequently, students shall in their second semester take two core units and three electives.
All candidates shall do a research project during the fourth year (equivalent to two course units).
To be awarded the degree, students must study and pass in a total of 32-course units.
The programme shall run for a minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of sixteen semesters
a) Candidates must satisfy the minimum University entry requirements.
b) Subject to regulation (a) above, eligible candidates for the Bachelor of Arts in International Studies shall be:
– KCSE with a mean grade of C+ and a minimum of C in English.
– EACE Division III and a credit pass in English and a diploma from a recognized institution
– KCSE C plain with a minimum of C in English and a diploma from a recognized institution
– KCSE with C – with a minimum of C in English and a certificate and a diploma from a recognised institution.
– “A” level certificate with at least two Principal Passes or
– University degree or its equivalent recognized by the Senate
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Children’s Rights Advocate
– Community Worker
– Corporate Responsibility Officer
– Foreign Business Advocate
– Foreign Service Worker
– Fundraising Coordinator
– Human Rights Specialist
– Immigration Officer
– International Business Advisor
– Industrial Relations Consultant
– International Aid Director
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 4 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
– Third year =
– Fourth year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.