By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of International Relations|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Arts|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
International relations is a diverse degree which allows you to investigate the complexities of relationships between different countries and apply this understanding to the world of work.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND DURATION
The M.A. degree programme shall consist of either of the two options and the candidate shall select one of the options.
– The M.A. programme shall consist of coursework, examination and a thesis, and shall run for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of twelve (12) semesters of fifteen (15) weeks each.
– The candidate shall be required to successfully take at least eight (8) taught course units prior to embarking on thesis work.
– The minimum course load in each semester prior to the final one shall be two (2) course units; while the maximum load shall be four 94) course units per semester.
– All courses shall be of 45 hours duration.
– The M.A. degree programme shall consist of coursework, examination and a project paper, and shall run for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of twelve (12) semesters of fifteen (15) weeks each.
– The candidate shall be required to successfully take twelve (12) approved course units prior to embarking on the M.A. Project paper.
– The M.A. Project paper shall be taken during the final semester of the programme, and shall be equivalent of four (4) course units.
– All courses shall each be of 45 hours duration.
– Topics for the M.A. Project paper shall be identified by candidates in consultation with their supervisors, subject to the formal approval of the Department.
**The common regulations governing the Master’s degrees in all Faculties in the University of Nairobi shall apply.
**The following shall be eligible for admission into the programme:-
– A holder of Bachelor of Arts degree with at least Upper Second Class Honours or equivalent in Political Science or Public administration from the University of Nairobi or any other equivalent institution recognized by Senate.
– A holder of a Bachelor of Arts of Lower Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in Political Science or Public Administration from the University of Nairobi or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Senate.
– A holder of a Bachelor of Arts degree with a Pass or an equivalent qualification in Political Science or Public Administration, plus a Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field, from the University of Nairobi or an equivalent institution recognized by the Senate.
TRANSFER OF CREDITS
A candidate may, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board and approved by Senate, be allowed to transfer up to a maximum of one third (1/3) course units offered in the programme.
Applicants seeking transfer of credit shall:
– Send a formal application to the Director, Board of Postgraduate Studies through the Dean, Faculty of Arts seeking transfer of credits: Justification of the request and evidence of credentials which would support such a request, shall be attached to the application.
– Application for transfer of credits shall be processed after payment of prescribed fees.
– Applicants shall only be allowed to transfer units, which are equivalent to the same level offered in the University of Nairobi.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Civil Service fast streamer
– Diplomatic service officer
– Government social research officer
– Intelligence analyst
– International aid/development worker
– Policy officer
– Political risk analyst
– Public affairs consultant
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 2 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.