By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Arts in International Conflict Management|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Institute of Diplomacy and International Studies|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
The Master of Arts Degree in International Conflict Management aims to:
– Expose participants to the overall framework of international conflict Management
– Acquaint participants with the theoretical knowledge of key issues and approaches in international conflict management
– Acquaint participants with new developments in international conflict Management
– Acquaint students with African practices of conflict management.
– Acquaint students with a thorough knowledge of African case studies on conflicts and their management.
Course Structure, Duration and Mode of Delivery
– The Course lasts for a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters
– Students shall take twelve units and a project paper or eight-core units and a thesis.
– Each course unit shall be covered by 45 hours of study
– The course will be conducted through lectures, seminars and tutorials.
– Examination Regulations
– The examinations will be governed by the examination regulations of the University of Nairobi
– For the Master of Arts Degree in International Conflict Management, a candidate will be required to pass in all the prescribed units taken.
– Each course unit shall be examined by a three-hour written examination at the end of the semester
– The written examinations shall constitute 70% of the marks in each course unit, while the course work shall constitute 30%
– Course work assessment shall comprise assignments and continuous assessment tests
– The pass mark shall be 50%
– A candidate who fails to satisfy the examiners in any unit with a mark between 40-49% shall re-sit the examination within three weeks of the examinations.
– A candidate may re-sit the examination for a maximum of two times
– A candidate who fails to satisfy the examiners in any unit with a mark of 30-39% shall re-take the units during the next time the unit is offered.
– A candidate who fails in a re-take shall be discontinued
– The maximum score for a re-sit shall be 50%
– A candidate who fails with a mark lower than 30% or fails a re-sit for the second time shall be discontinued
Examination Regulations for the Project paper:
– For the purposes of grading and examination regulations, the research project will be considered to be equivalent to four-semester courses.
– The research project shall be done in the area of the candidate’s specialisation.
– Students will be allowed to embark on the research project once they have passed all coursework
– The research shall be submitted for examination on the recommendation of the supervisor.
– The research paper shall be marked out of 100% with 50% as the pass mark
– A candidate who fails in the research paper shall be allowed to revise the paper and re-submit it for examination within the stipulated degree period.
– Examination of the thesis shall be guided by common regulations of the Master’s degrees by course work and thesis of the University of Nairobi.
**The common regulations of the Master’s Degree at the University of Nairobi shall apply.
**The minimum entry requirements for the Master of Arts in International Conflict Management shall be:
– Holders of the first degree of at least Upper Second Class Honours of the University of Nairobi or its equivalent from another institution recognized by Senate;
– Holders of a first degree of Lower Division Second Class Honours, with at least three years relevant work experience and/or a Post-Graduate Diploma or an equivalent qualification recognized by Senate.
– Holders of a first degree (pass) with a Post-Graduate Diploma or equivalent from institutions recognized by Senate with at least three years of work experience.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Diplomat or Field Officer
– Nonprofit Director, Development, Communication Specialists, or Press Officer
– Policy Officer or Legal Advocate
– Conflict Resolution Expert or Consultant
– Human Resources & Trauma Specialist
– A professor or researcher.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 2 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.