By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
Chemistry today is the basis of a worldwide industry concerned with almost every aspect of life, including food, fuel, clothing, building materials and medicines. While the growth of this industry has had some undeniably bad ecological effects, chemistry provides the key to the improvement of the environment and world living standards.
Chemistry Department seeks to be a hub of knowledge and beacon of excellence in teaching, research and extension services. The department is out to produce Chemistry teachers and all-round Chemists who can vastly and competently contribute in research, industry and commerce.
PC503 Research Methods
CHM504 Chemistry Laboratory Management
CHM501 Analytical Methods I
CHM502 Analytical Methods II
CHMI510 Inorganic Synthesis
CHMI511 Electronic Structure of Solids
CHMI512 Structural Analysis of Coordination Compounds
CHMI513 Thermodynamics & Kinetics of Coordination Compounds
CHMI514 Reaction Kinetics & Thermodynamics in Solid Phase
CHMI515 Structural Inorganic Chemistry
All applicants have to meet the following minimum requirements for admission prescribed under the general regulations (i.e.):
– BScEd. with Chemistry or BSc (Honours) Chemistry, or any other relevant Natural Science degrees with 2.1 grades, or better.
How to Apply
– Application forms may be downloaded by clicking here or obtained from the University, Admissions Office.
– Payment of application fees can be done at the University Cash Office or through any CBZ Bank – A/c No: 662-60902130074, Bindura Branch
– Complete the application form in full and indicate on the top of the application form the intake you prefer (March or August) and the mode of study (Block or Full Time).
– Post or hand-deliver your completed application form to; Assistant Registrar – Admissions, Registration & Student Records, Bindura University of Science Education Bag 1020 Bindura.
– Attach certified copies of educational qualifications, I.D, Birth Certificate and proof of payment of the requisite application fees. Applications without these documents will not be processed.
Successful candidates will be notified through their contact numbers and national press.
– Applications run throughout the year.
– Students pay an extra application fee of USD 30 for late entry.
The Postgraduate Programme is aimed at those intending to serve as University Lectures in Chemistry. However, they fit well in the chemical industry and can take up PhD programmes in related field or areas of strength.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zimbabwean Students: $10,000
Tuition fee per year for Zimbabwean Students= 10,000 ZWD
Tuition fee per year for International Students= 1,809,500 ZWD
N.B: International students pay an extra charge on academic fee of US$2,500 per semester.