By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 for the full programme|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Arts|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
– There shall be University examinations at the end of each semester. All course units shall be examined and written examinations processed at the end of the semester in which they are taken.
– A candidate shall NOT be permitted to sit an examination unless he/she has attended prescribed courses of study in accordance with University regulations and to the satisfaction of the departments or programmes concerned, as well as the Faculty.
– Unless otherwise specified, end of semester examinations shall consist of a two-hour paper for each course unit taken in the semester.
– Assessment of each candidate’s performance in the course unit taken shall be through Continuous Assessment Tests (CATs) and end of semester examinations based on percentage grades. CAT assessment(s) shall constitute 30% of the total marks in a given unit and shall consist of an aver age of at least two (2) assignments while end of semester examinations shall constitute 70% of the unit examined. Every department shall set procedures for CAT(s) assessments.
– Each course unit shall be graded out of an examination of 100 marks, and the pass mark shall be 40% for each unit.
Programme Structure and Duration
Full-time and part-time
– B.A. Programme will run for a minimum of eight (8) semesters and maximum of 22 semesters from the date of registration
– The minimum semester load shall be two course units and the maximum shall be seven course units.
– Each course unit in the programme has a loading of 45 hours.
A candidate must satisfy the prescribed University of Nairobi requirements.
**Subject to regulation 1 above, a candidate for admission to the Faculty of Arts must have any of the following as minimum qualifications:
– K.C.S.E. with a C+ or equivalent
– K.C.S.E. with a C plain or equivalent Plus a Diploma (including IB Diploma) or equivalent from a recognized post- secondary institution.
– K.C.E./EA.C.E Div. III/ Ordinary GCE or equivalent Plus a Diploma (including IB Diploma) or equivalent from a recognized post- secondary institution.
– K.A.C.E. or E.A.A.C.E/ Advanced GCE Certificate with one principal pass Plus a Diploma (including IB Diploma) or equivalent from a recognized post- secondary institution.
– K.A.C.E. or E.A.A.C.E. certificate with two principal passes or equivalent.
– International Baccalaureate Diploma
– A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
**The Faculty board shall obtain a list of recognized institutions from either the Kenya National Examinations Council or Commission for Higher Education.
**A Diploma course shall be required to have covered at least three (3) course units of 45 contact hours each over a minimum period of two (2) semesters of 15 weeks or 270 contact hours
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Accommodation manager
– Catering manager
– Conference centre manager
– Event manager
– Fast food restaurant manager
– Hotel manager
– Public house manager.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => for the full programme [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = 884,600 KES
Tuition Fees for International Students = 1,061,520 KES
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 4 years, with fees per semester as follows:
– First Semester = 330,900 KES
– Semesters 2,3,5,6,8,9 = 229,600 KES
– Semesters 4,7,10 = 324,100 KES
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.