By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$921 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in History and Economics|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The B.A. (History, Economics and Sociology) a multi-disciplinary course that encompasses courses in History, Economics and Sociology. The programme exposes students to a wider range of societal issues which include past-human activities, current social-cultural and economic perspectives of the society.
It is a conjunction of history and other subjects, both courses carrying equal weight in principle. It equips students with a wide range of knowledge in History, Economics and Sociology.
Philosophy: Commitment to reconstruction of human past, training and research for social cohesion and economic development.
The Curriculum for the B.A. (History, Economics and Sociology) Programme is designed to train professional historians with a strong understanding and appreciation of both the past and the present and who are morally upright and respectful of other people’s cultural practices and national differences.
Moreover, in a world that is facing diverse challenges, it is important to train and nurture graduates with analytical and critical skills that are necessary to cope with the expectations of the 21st Century. It is also imperative to prepare graduates of this course for the changing markets demands both in private and public sectors.
The B.A. (History, Economics and Sociology) programme aims at inculcating the values, skills and attitudes relevant to a fast-changing world, while fostering an international understanding of current trends in the humanities and social sciences.
– The programme is normally covered in four (4) academic years for full-time students. Part-time students are allowed to cover it within six (6) academic years.
– The degree programme structure follows the 3:3:2:2 pattern.
– To graduate, students in the programme must successfully complete at least 54 CFs in History.
– The course will be offered either through Full time, Part-time or Work-based and Distance Learning mode of delivery.
– To be eligible for admission, the applicants must satisfy the general University requirements.
– In addition, the applicants must have taken History and Government in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education examination and obtained a minimum grade of C+, or the equivalent in other examinations.
– Applicants with a Diploma in the Arts are eligible for admission provided that they passed with a “Credit” or higher. Additionally, they must have obtained at least a “Credit “in History.
Applications should be on official forms available at the University Main Campus at Chuka, Igembe Campus at Ntuene or Keigoi High School, Embu Campus in Embu Town, Chogoria Campus at Nturiri High School, Tharaka Campus at Gatunga High School, OR Website: www.chuka.ac.ke; A Non-refundable fee of KES 3000 for Phd programmes, KES 2,000 for degree and diploma programmes and KES 1000 for certificate courses will equally be deposited.
The following documents should be made available:
– Originals & a copy of all Transcripts, Diplomas or Certificates (All originals, where necessary, will be returned)
– One recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of the National Identity Card or Birth Certificate
– Preferred Campus should be indicated on the application form
– Certified copies of certificates and original fee payment receipt MUST be attached to the application form and returned latest two weeks prior to the commencement dates given for the programmes
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, it is expected that the learner will be able to:Demonstrate a broad and balanced knowledge of the human past.Debate and provide critical analysis of key trends, theories and methods of History, Economics and Sociology as academic disciplines.Pursue further studies in any one area in this programme.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $921
Tuition fee per year for Kenyan Students = KES. 100,000
Tuition fee per year for International Students = KES 125,000
– The Institute reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.
– The University policy obliges students to pay the full amount of fees as required on the first day of reporting before they are registered.