By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$559 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Health Systems Management|
|Start Date:||October 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Public Administration and Management|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
Objective and Description
This is a three-year programme run under semester system of 17 weeks each. Candidates are required to successfully complete a total of 60 credit points, including field project in the fifth semester of study. It is designed to provide knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for middle level managers who want to pursue careers in the public and private health sectors health systems.. It is tailored to meet the growing demand for well trained and skilled health managers who can make significant contribution to the development of the health sector in national economies. The programme has taken on board the current development in the Public and Private Sector service provision from systems approach.
– Principles of Management
– Development Perspectives
– Administrative Law
– Basic Applied Mathematics and Statistics
– Communication Skills in Management
– Health Systems Management
– Introduction to Office and Records Management
– Introduction to Public Administration
– Ethics and Good Governance
– Introduction to Economics
– Epidemiology and Biostatistics
– Organizational Behaviour
– Human Management for Health Systems
– Industrial Relations and Legislation
– Health Economics
– Basic Accounting and Financial Management
– Health Sector Strategies
– Health Systems Research
– Health Policy and Planning
– Health Psychology
– Field Attachment
– Project Planning and Management in Health
– Methods of Health Sector Financing
– Health care law
– Managing Partnerships in Public Service
– Emergencies and Disaster Management in Health
– Strategic Negotiation and Mediation
– International Health
At least two (2) principal passes and one subsidiary at A-Level. Where the principal passesdo not include English, an applicant must have obtained at least a credit in English Language at O-Level. Minimum admission point: 4.5.Equivalent
Diploma in Human Resource Management, or Diploma in Public Administration or Diploma in Nursing, Clinic Medicine or Health related studies with an average of “B” or GPA of 3.0.
How to Apply
All applications are made through the University Online Application and Admission Portal (MUAAAP) available at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz. Please follow carefully the steps in the online application system. Before you go to online application system, make sure you have an email address and a mobile phone number.
Before proceeding with the application take note of following:
(a) An application with Foreign Secondary Certificates must be accompanied by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) Equivalence translations.
(b) Applications with Foreign Certificates (Equivalent Qualifications) must be accompanied by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) Equivalence translations.
(c) Make payment of an application Fee, a Non-refundable TZS 10,000/=by following payment procedures after completing the Online Application and Admission System at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz
(d) Successful applicants will be notified through Mzumbe University Website, their system user accounts, email addresses and SMS through mobile phone number used during the application process.
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Health Systems Management include:
– Physician Practice Manager
– Healthcare Administrator
– Quality and Improvement Manager
– Patient Finance Manager
– Health Insurance Manager
– Managed Care Representative
– Healthcare Department Manager
– Population Health Manager
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian and EAC Students: $559
Tuition Fee per year for Tanzanian Students = 1,300,000 TZS
Tuition Fee per year for International Students = 5,785,500 TZS
**Students from Countries in the East African Community (EAC), pay the same amount as Tanzanian Students. EAC Countries include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– In the Tuition Fee per year is included; Registration, tuition, examination, and library services
– Fees may be paid in two equal instalments, an instalment being due at the beginning of each semester prior to registration
– Fees once paid are not refundable
– The University reserves the right to change fees at any time
– Direct student fees have been bench-marked against Government rates, but sponsors may vary them according to their policies