By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,337 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Health Laboratory Science|
|Start Date:||October 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Medicine|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
This course aspires to educate qualified, responsible and reflective professionals for work in health laboratories. The graduates of this course will be in a position of specialization in health laboratory sciences combined with the ability to work independently hence having a great input in the current health laboratory system in our country.
– To work effectively as an individual and as a member of a team
– To exercise leadership, initiative responsibilities
– To appreciate the role of science in society and the ethical issues it raises
– To design, evaluate and implement new methods/protocols
– To acquire an in-depth knowledge of scientific methods and principles.
– To participate in continuing professional development
– To contribute to the stewardship of the profession
Programme learning outcomes
Upon graduation from the program, students will be able to demonstrate:
1. Competency to perform a full range of testing in the contemporary medical laboratory encompassing pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical components of laboratory services, including haematology, chemistry, microbiology, urinalysis, body fluids, molecular diagnostics, phlebotomy, and immunohematology
2. Proficiency to problem-solve, troubleshoot, and interpret results.
3. Professional conduct, respecting the feelings and needs of others, protecting the confidentiality of patient information, and not allowing personal concerns and biases to interfere with the welfare of patients.
4. Administrative skills consistent with philosophies of quality assurance, continuous quality improvement, laboratory education, fiscal resource management, and appropriate composure under stressful conditions.
5. Application of safety and governmental regulations and standards as applied to medical laboratory practice
6. Effective communication skill to ensure accurate and appropriate information transfer
The e-course is divided into introductory subjects taught in year 1 and principal subjects taught in year 2. Year 3 is devoted to research with the production of a dissertation and laboratory / industrial attachments.
Three principal passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with minimum entry of 6 points. Whereby one must have at least C grade in Chemistry and at least D grade in Biology and E grade in Physics
All equivalent applicants may apply for the above programs if they meet the requirements stated below:
– Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with at least five (5) passes including two credit passes in Chemistry and Biology and a D grade in Physics PLUS appropriate Diploma or Advanced Diploma with an average of “B+’’ or GPA of 3.5
BSc (lower second) majoring in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology /Zoology.
All applicants holding foreign qualifications must have their qualifications validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting their applications for admission as follows
I. The National Examination Council of Tanzania in respect of certificates secondary education and teaching education; and
II. The National Council for Technical Education with respect to NTA level 6 qualification.
How to Apply:
Every Applicant should prepare documents which include:
– Relevant certificates
– Birth Certificate, among others (Contact School = email@example.com)
All of the documents should be attached to an application form which can be gotten with a fee of:
** 50,000 TZS for local students
** 115485 TZS for International students
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Biomedical scientist
– Crime scene investigator
– Hospital pharmacist
– Clinical scientist, immunology
– Analytical chemist
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,337
Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students = 3,100,000 TZS
Tuition Fees for International Students = 5,782,500 TZS
– Fees paid will not be refunded if the student leaves or withdraws or leaves the college without permission
– Actual costs will vary depending upon the specific year and needs of the student.
– Foreign students shall be required to pay for a resident permit, and must check the prevailing amount as may be determined by the Government from time to time.
– The University College reserves the right to change any fees, deposits, and other charges or any other provisions of this section at any time and without prior notification to the student or their sponsor and any such changes shall have immediate effect.