By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||October 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Health Economics, Policy and Management|
|Start Date:||January 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Health Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||October 2020|
The HEPM programme provides the foundation for the understanding of health economics as applied in the wider context of health services research in Cameroon and Africa in general. You will meet qualified and experienced researchers and professionals who are devoted to pass knowledge and expertise through practical projects. You will also have the opportunity to meet with visiting lecturers from our partners, locally and abroad, who visit regularly to share their experiences with both students and staff.
By the time you complete this programme, you will be able to:
– Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of the principles and methods of economic evaluation
– Demonstrate advanced knowledge of health economic methods applied to health policy or decision analysis
– Identify, assess and critically synthesize relevant evidence from health economic research literature
Candidates are expected to complete the HEPM programme within two academic years. In order to obtain a Master of Health Economics, Policy and Management, They must complete a minimum of 120 credits.
Applicants will be required to have the following:
– An earned Bachelor’s degree in any related discipline from a recognized University. Preference will be given to those with Bachelors in Biosciences, medical doctors, health related disciplines, Economics and Management.
– A minimum Grade Point Average of 5 (Second Class Honours, Lower Division) on a scale of 4.0 in all previous studies. If you do not meet this criterion but have at least five years of professional working experience in a health related field or other academic discipline, you will be considered for enrolment on condition that you take supplementary courses prescribed by the Department.
– An English Language proficiency certificate if your first language is not English.
– If you have a foreign certificate, you will be expected to apply to the Ministry of Higher Education for equivalence.
1. Pay a Registration Fee of 10.000frs into into any of our Bank Accounts: Cameroon and collect a receipt of payment.
Account Name: Catholic University of Cameroon, (CATUC) Bamenda
a) ECOBANK = 0200122608355201
b) SGBC = 05160350250-22
c) NFC BANK = 17301022306
d) Union Bank of Cameroon (UBC) = 00111013204
e) United Bank of Africa (UBA) = 04050000060
NB: All Payments should be done in the Student’s Name.
2. Present the Bank Receipt at the Registry, and collect an Application Form A1 (for Faculty of Business – FBMS, Faculty of Science – FSC, Faculty of Humanities -FHSS), or collect an Entrance Form (for those sitting the Entrance Exams into the Professional Schools; School of Engineering – SENG, School of Agriculture -STANR, School of Health & Medical Sciences -SHMS).
or Download the appropriate application form from the internet
3. Fill the Form A1 and submit it to the Registry with the following documents attached:
i. One clean photocopy of Birth Certificate
ii. One clean photocopy of GCE O’L Certificate/Result Slip or Probatoire
iii. One clean photocopy of GCE A’L Certificate/Result Slip or BAC
iv. 1000frs for Passport-size Photograph (hard & soft to be taken on campus)
– Students with foreign degrees/certificates should present Equivalences to their certificates obtained from the Ministry of Higher Education
–All students applying for the Philosophy programme should certify all their certificates.
– Graduates can take up leadership roles in health across sectors of governments (e.g., health departments) as well as non-for-profit/non-government organisations (e.g, Red Cross, World Bank, World Health Organisation).
– Graduates can also work as researchers at academic research institutions or as consultants for industry (e.g, pharmaceutical companies, private health insurance companies)
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Cameroonian Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Cameroonian Students = 1,024,500 F CFA
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 2,024,500 F CFA
A message from the school about the 2020-2021 academic year reads:
Cognizant of the fact that the people of the Northwest and Southwest regions have been groaning under the weight of the socio-political crisis for close to four years now, and that currently the entire country is in the grips of the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic which both have far-reaching economic implications, the Bishops of the Ecclesiastical Province of Bamenda have decided to grant certain percentage discounts on tuition fees to the ‘early birds’ who enrol on any of the school’s degree programmes, beginning next academic year till further notice.