By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,577 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Business Administration in Finance|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Central Business School|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
The programme aims at enhancing the career of students pursuing the MBA Finance programme by transferring to them comprehensive knowledge in theories and practice of Finance as pertains in Ghana and the world over. Upon completion of the programme, graduates should be able to make significant contribution in the area of Finance and be able to develop a successful as well as satisfying career, both in private and public sectors.
– To equip students with the requisite technical knowledge and managerial skills required to function effectively, manage funds and the capacity to maximize the value of shareholder wealth for long run growth;
– To develop results-oriented professionals who are capable of functioning at the highest level of their profession either as generalists or specialist in a banking and/or financial working environment;
– To produce high calibre and morally sound professionals with integrity in a competitive job market, both local and worldwide;
– To equip students with relevant theoretical and practical knowledge, cutting-edge skills and the required critical reasoning abilities within the context of managerial finance to fit into the industry at the middle management level and
– To produce graduates capable of analysing, managing and re-structuring the ever-changing and complex business problems to make them amenable through the use of modern financial management tools and best practices.
An applicant seeking admission to an MBA degree programme must:
1. Have obtained a good first degree or an honours degree [at least Second Class – Lower Division] in an appropriate field of study from a recognised university.
2. Satisfy any additional requirements prescribed by the Central Business School and/or the Department. These may include relevant work experience, a written entrance examination and an interview
3. Be an applicant who possesses a first degree in the Third Class Division or a Pass and who has at least three years’ relevant working experience in the field of finance and accounting may also be considered for admission into the programme. Such an applicant is required to take preparatory courses and pass written examination and interview before being offered for admission. The pass mark for both the written examination and the interview is 60%
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants may apply online by clicking http://online.central.edu.gh to buy an E-voucher for GH100.00 (for Ghanaian applicants) or the cedi equivalent of US 100.00 (for foreign applicants) at Ecobank branches. Use the PIN and SERIAL NUMBER on the E-voucher to apply online at apply.central.edu.gh. VISA branded cards and MTN Mobile Money can also be used to purchase E-vouchers online.
Applicants will be required to:
– Upload their 2 passport size photographs, certificates/ Results slips
– Present original copies of their supporting documents to the Admissions office before semester registration will be allowed.The applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications.
** A form once submitted can only be viewed but cannot be edited.
1. Paper Application forms can be obtained for GHC100.00 (Undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) for Ghanaian applicants) and the cedi equivalent of USD 100.00 (Undergraduate and Graduate) (for foreign applicants) through the following:
2. By Banker’s Draft (in favour of Central University) from the Finance Office at the Mataheko and Kumasi campuses of the university, or from the permanent campus at Miotso, off the Accra-Aflao Road.
3. Ecobank, Zenith Bank and GCB Bank branches nationwide and from the 170 Ghana post office branches across the country.
4. Undergraduate application forms may also be downloaded HERE and completed. Applicants would have to pay GHC 100 for Ghanaian (undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) (for Ghanaian applicants) or cedi equivalent of USD100 for foreign applicants, paid at the time of submission. Graduate application form can be downloaded HERE
**An applicant must submit the following at the time of application directly to the University:
– A completed Application Form
– An official Results Slip/Certificate
– Transcripts from previous Universities (where applicable). Such transcripts should be sent directly to the Admissions Officer. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for transcript(s) and /or transfer form to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
**The completed paper application documents along with photographs, transcripts and certificates/results slips must be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer
(Off the Accra-Aflao Road)
P.O.Box 2305, Community
For further clarifications kindly call the Admissions Hotline: +233 303 318583 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The programme aims at developing qualified graduates for employment in middle and top management positions in all sectors of the economy: private sector, public sector, NGOs, and for self-employment.
In the public sector, career opportunities abound in Ministries, Departments and Agencies.In the private sector, job opportunities exist in:
– commercial banks,
– insurance companies,
– investment banks,
– investment companies,
– discount houses,
– the stock market,
– savings and loans institutions,
– microfinance companies,
– community and rural banks, export and import business, educational institutions, consultancy firms and other numerous private sector organisations.
A significant number of MBA Finance graduates from Central have also established their own firms, especially in the area of financial management consultancy services.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,577
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 9,124 GHS
Tuition Fess per year for International Students = 22,238 GHS
– Fee payments may be made at any Ecobank branch with cash or a Bankers Draft.
– Miscellaneous payments of less than GHC 35 may be made in cash at the Finance Office.
– All Freshmen students must pay all fees for a semester before the first day of class.
– Continuing students must pay ½ of total fees for the semester before the first day of class. The remaining fees must be paid within 4 weeks of the start of the semester. Payments not made by this deadline will incur a penalty. Please contact the Finance Office for more information on penalties.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances will students be allowed to take final exams until their fees for the semester have been paid in full.
PAYMENT FOR FEES BY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLICANTS
– International Students paying fees from their home country can pay via wire transfer into our Ecobank account with the details below.
– Nigerians in particular are advised to use Ecobank Nigeria since the transfer takes 1 day, as compared to other banks which take between 2 to 5 working days
– Fees received into this account will then be credited to the student’s account in the transflow,
– Student information required as part of the transfer information are;
**Fresh Students – Student’s Name and Applicant ID [Semester 1 only]
**Continuing Students – Student Name and Registration Number [ID Number]