By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$15,679 /year|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Start Date:||February 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Commerce|
|Course Type:||Master by Coursework & Dissertation|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2021|
The MBA curriculum is structured around 16 compulsory courses that are designed to familiarise the student with the landscape in which business operates, provide the principles of management, and offer opportunities to integrate learning into holistic frameworks that are sensitive to the key challenges that organisations face today.
Students can complete a choice of electives with expertise in key areas, or can select electives within a specialisation.
In addition to the compulsory and elective courses, the research report tests the ability of students to apply analytical skills and knowledge gained on the programme.
Students need to collect methodologically robust data, interpret the data and apply the findings to resolve the research question. The exercise challenges the student to become acquainted with the current literature in a field, to make independent critical evaluations of contending points of view and to show an application of the theory and its implications to practice.
Systemic Executive Practice
Managing for Shareholder Value
Managing for Customer Value
Designing Sustainable Business Models
Managing for Societal Value
– A minimum of eight years of work experience.
– An NQF level 8 qualification.
– Applicants not meeting the degree requirement can apply through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) route and submit the Portfolio of Learning (POL) assessment form.
– Submit a curriculum vitae, two referee reports and personal motivations in the form of 3 essays that will be used for selection purposes.
– Take the Modified Career Path Appreciation (MCPA) assessment or similar assessment.
– Applicants must have access to an organisation in which they can complete their assignments.
– Selected applicants are required to take part in an interview.
How to apply
Submit your information and documents online, using the unique portal URL we provide you with. This allows us to get to know you and gives you the opportunity to gather all your information and documents. The required information includes:
** Updated CV
** Three motivational essays. The topics include:
– How will your classmates (individually and during group work), and the GSB more generally, benefit from having you on the MBA programme?
– How would you define a “successful” MBA experience for you personally? What is it about the GSB’s MBA programme that makes you think it’s best positioned to work with you to achieve that success?
– The MBA programme is time-consuming and pushes you emotionally and intellectually. From your research of MBAs and the GSB’s MBA in particular, what specific changes do you foresee needing to make to deal with these pressures effectively? Respond to this question in- the light of your own personal strengths, weaknesses and motivations.
**Two evaluators forms. Approach two individuals who know you in a professional context, and who are not family members, to complete the confidential evaluator’s forms.
**Take the GMAT. All MBA applicants are required to write the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and obtain an acceptable GMAT score. A GMAT score of 550 will ordinarily be required. If you haven’t taken it already, you will need to indicate this in your application process or supply the date you plan on taking the assessment.
**Please note: We don’t run the GMAT testing process. It is administered by a third party and there is a cost associated with the assessment. You can, however, do a preparation course through the GSB to gain a competitive advantage.
**If you have not completed a Bachelor Honours degree, Postgraduate Diploma or a cognate Bachelor’s Degree equivalent at level 8 through relevant work experience you can apply through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) route and submit a Portfolio of Learning (POL) assessment form in the portal.
**Applicants whose mother tongue is not English will be required to produce a TOEFL certificate to verify fluency in English.
Some career opportunities are;
– Board chairmen.
– Chairpersons of the board.
– Chief executive officers (C.E.O.)
– Chief executive officers (CEOs)
– Chief financial officers (C.F.O.)
– Chief information officers (C.I.O.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African & SADC Students: $15,679
South African/African citizens and permanent resident – R 260 000 (total fees)
Non-African residents and International students – R 478 400 (total fees)
South African/African citizens and permanent residents pay an Acceptance Deposit of R15000
Non-African residents and International students pay an Acceptance Deposit of R30000