By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,452 /year|
|Applications Begin:||July 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering)|
|Start Date:||February 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Engineering|
|Campus:||Great East Road Campus|
|Application Deadline:||January 2021|
A Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) degree of the University of Zambia is awarded upon successful completion of a five-year programme of study. Students are admitted to the School of Engineering on a competitive basis after completing the first year in the School of Natural Sciences, where they consolidate their knowledge of the basic sciences, particularly in mathematics, physics and chemistry.
MEC 2009 Engineering Drawing I
ENG 2159 Engineering Workshop Technology
EEE 2019 Principles of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
ENG 2129 Engineering and Communication
ENG 2139 Introduction to Information and Communication Technology
EEE 3121 Signals and Systems
EEE 3131 Digital Electronics
EEE 3571 Electronic Engineering I
EEE 3112 Electrical Engineering Practice
EEE 3352 Electromechanics and Machines
EEE 3132 Computer Engineering
EEE 3121 Signals and Systems
EEE 4021 Engineering Electromagnetics
EEE 4221 Digital Signal Processing
EEE 4242 Electrical Instrumentation
EEE 4135 Microcontroller Technology and Embedded Systems
EEE 4352 Electrical Machines
EEE 4362 Electrical Power Systems I
EEE 4571 Electronic Engineering II
EEE 4670 Electronic Engineering III
EEE 5351 Advanced Electrical Machines
EEE 5240 Dynamic Systems and Control Engineering
EEE 5451 Power Electronics
EEE 5362 Electrical Power Systems II
EEE 5581 Communications Networks
EEE 5681 Communication Theory
EEE 5682 Communication Systems
EEE 5014 Project
EEE 5351 Advanced Electrical Machines
– All copies of certificates submitted with the application must be certified true copies.
– To pursue studies in any of the above five offered engineering specializations requires a two-stage process:
– Firstly, admission into the School of Engineering (as a second-year student) and secondly, being allocated a quota/specialization of choice into third-year student after successful completion of the previous academic year (general engineering). Since the School has limited places for engineering education, all second-year students are subjected to competition. Applicants with a Diploma or higher level qualifications are allocated their preferred engineering specialization directly at second-year level according to a fixed allocation in each specialization. The guidelines for the two-stage admission into the School of Engineering and specialization in any of the five branches are detailed as follows:
– School of Natural Sciences students:
– The School of Engineering makes recommendation for the required number of students who can be taken up via this category (Engineering quota). At the end of the first year of study in the School of Natural Sciences, students make preference to come to the School of Engineering. Since the number of students in this quota is fixed, the cut-off point is determined by the required number of students and the performance in that particular academic year of study. On average, this category enrols about 100 students into the School of Engineering.
– Entry requirements for Diploma (or higher qualification) holders:
– At least a credit or better in Five ‘O’ levels in mathematics, English and an acceptable science subject
– At least a credit or better in Diploma (Technologist) or higher qualification in a relevant technical field and
– At least one (1) year of proven and relevant working experience after graduation with a Diploma. A letter from the employer showing proof of the relevant working experience must be attached.
– Entry requirements for ‘A’ level holders
– At least three (3) ‘A’ passes (grade of C) with at least a pass grade ‘B’ in either Mathematics or Physics.
– For holders of City and Guilds qualifications, the Diploma is taken to mean level 4 (Full Technological Certificate, Full Technological Diploma or Advanced Technician Diploma).
– Attainment of at least a credit in “O’ level Mathematics and in an acceptable Science subject.
– Attainment of at least a credit or better in the Diploma (Technologist) in a relevant technical field. For holders of City and Guilds qualifications, the diploma is taken to mean Level 4 (Full Technological Certificate, Full Technological Diploma or Advanced Technician Diploma).
– At least one (1) year of proven and relevant working experience after graduation with a diploma. A letter from the employer showing proof of the relevant working experience must be attached.
Between April and August application forms for admission are available at Academic Office at a fee and can also be accessed online from the links provided by the school:
Application forms may also be obtained in person or may be requested for in writing from the Academic Office, the University of Zambia and University of Zambia offices situated at provincial centres. These are located at the following places:
Kabwe – NAPSA Building
Chipata – NAPSA Building
Kitwe – Plot 1467 Kantanta Street, Nkana East, Kitwe
Kasama – Zambia National Building Society Building
Solwezi – NAPSA Building
Mansa – NAPSA
Livingstone – Plot 77 Kanyanta Road Livingstone
Mongu – NAPSA Building
Applicants may download the application form from the links provided by the school. For current application fees, check with the Academic Office.
Some career opportunities for this programme are:
– Machine learning engineer.
– Management consultant.
– Multimedia programmer.
– Project manager.
– Technical author.
– Technical sales engineer.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zambian Students: $1,452
Tuition fee per year for Zambian Students= 28,980 ZMK
Tuition fee per year for International Students= 57,173 ZMK
N.B: Distance Education Students’ tuition fee is different.