By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,013 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Economics and Statistics|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The B.Sc. (Economics and Statistics) programme is expected to offer specialized training to qualified students in the two disciplines of Economics and Statistics. It has been necessitated by a growing demand among high school leavers and equivalent candidates for a programme of this kind.
Philosophy: Training in Economics and Statistics to meet and achieve the economic pillar in national and global development.
The B.Sc. in Economics and Statistics programme equips students with knowledge and skills to describe, compare and correlate the important Economics aspects of production, consumption, exchange and distribution with the help of Statistics.
Mathematics and its offspring, statistics and accounting are powerful instruments, which the modern economist has at his/her disposal and of which business is making increased use. Graduates of this Programme will be in high demand in the public and private sectors. This is market-driven Programme.
The main aim of the B.Sc. Economics and Statistics programme is to provide students with a thorough understanding of the theories, principles and analytical techniques in the economics and statistics disciplines as for the purpose of managing the economies.
The B.Sc. in Economics and Statistics extends over four academic years. Every academic year consists of two semesters, totalling 8 semesters. Full-time learners will take a minimum of four academic years while part-time students will take a maximum of eight academic years.
The weighting of courses are in terms of semester units where semester units is equivalent to 45 lecture hours. The B.Sc. Economics and Statistics requires the student to complete a minimum of 155 CF. Elective courses are offered only in the third and fourth years of study.
They are selected by students during each semester and are aimed at enabling the student to specialize in a particular area (Economics or Statistics). For any of the specialization, learners must complete a minimum of 8 units in the third and fourth years of study. The mode of delivery shall be Full-time, Evening, Part-time, Bi-semester, Trimester, Weekend, E-Learning.
Applicants to this programme must satisfy the minimum entry requirements for admission into the Chuka University. In addition, applicants must have at least the grade of B minus (B-) in Mathematics, OR C+ in Mathematics and B in Economics/Commerce/Accounting/Business Studies.
– Holders of A-level qualifications with two principal passes and a subsidiary in Economics or statistics will be considered.
Applications should be on official forms available at the University Main Campus at Chuka, Igembe Campus at Ntuene or Keigoi High School, Embu Campus in Embu Town, Chogoria Campus at Nturiri High School, Tharaka Campus at Gatunga High School, OR Website: www.chuka.ac.ke; A Non-refundable fee of KES 3000 for PhD programmes, KES 2,000 for degree and diploma programmes and KES 1000 for certificate courses will equally be deposited.
The following documents should be made available:
– Originals & a copy of all Transcripts, Diplomas or Certificates (All originals, where necessary, will be returned)
– One recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of the National Identity Card or Birth Certificate
– Preferred Campus should be indicated on the application form
– Certified copies of certificates and original fee payment receipt MUST be attached to the application form and returned latest two weeks prior to the commencement dates given for the programmes
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the Programme the learner is expected to:
– Equip students with advanced analytical skills in Economics and Statistics.
– Provide students with skills for careers in the public and private sectors.
– Equip students with skills for job opportunities in research institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
– Prepare students for post-graduate study in either of the two fields.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,013
Tuition fee per year for Kenyan Students = KES. 110,000
Tuition fee per year for International Students = KES 137,500
– The Institute reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.
– The University policy obliges students to pay the full amount of fees as required on the first day of reporting before they are registered.