By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$3,577 /year|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science (BSc)|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2021|
Offered by the School of Animal, Plant and Environmental Sciences, this career line includes diverse training in ecology and conservation, which are sought-after skills in dealing with the interdisciplinary challenges faced by society.
You will gain insight into the quantitative study and use of ecological, physiological, and systematic principles. These are studied in the contexts of ecology, conservation, and environmental science, and their applications in conservation biology and environmental management.
You can continue studies in Law, Economics, Engineering, Veterinary Science, and Development Management.
English Home Language OR First Additional Language Level 5
Mathematics Level 5
Applicants with 38-39 points may be wait-listed, subject to place availability.
Ordinary Levels – A-C (English, Maths)
Advanced Levels – A-C (English, Maths)
International Baccalaureate – HS, SL 4-7
All other foreign qualifications are considered according to faculty requirements.
NOTE: If the certificate you obtained in your country is not mentioned above, please message the “Course Contacts” above and they will be able to answer all your questions
How to Apply
– To apply online, go to: www.wits.ac.za/applications
– You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter)
– If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science)
– Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering
N.B: Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
30 June – Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV
30 September – All other University programmes; Residence applications.
Does your degree programme have additional selection procedures? Some degrees have additional selection requirements such as portfolio and essay submissions, auditions or National Benchmark Tests. Please click on Additional Forms below to see if this applies to you.
Pay Application Fee
– Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
– Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
– Payments to be made before closing dates.
– Use your T Number or Person Number as reference
How to pay
– Deposit the exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
– Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as a reference.
EFT – Use your T Number or person/student number as the reference.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African & SADC Students: $3,577
– South African students pay R48110-59310 per year as tuition fees.
– Students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC) member countries pay the same annual tuition fees as South Africans plus an International Registration Fee (IRF). The SADC member countries are Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
– Students sponsored by the Government of Rwanda will be treated as and pay the same amount as SADC students.
– Students from all other countries (Non-SADC) will pay double the fees paid by South African Students
– Diplomats and their dependents stationed in South Africa & International Wits employees and their dependents will pay South African tuition fees + International Registration Fee (IRF).