By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$6,358 for the full programme|
|Part-time Study:||2 Years|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Dentistry (MSc Dent)|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Health Sciences|
|Course Type:||Master by Coursework & Research Report|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The Master of Science in Dentistry (by research, or by coursework and research report) is a 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time degree.
– A Bachelor of Dental Science or Bachelor of Dental Surgery of this University, or
– A graduate of any other university or institution who has been accepted as a candidate for the degree, Master of Dentistry by virtue of having passed at any other university or institution such assessments as are, in the opinion of the Senate equivalent to the Bachelor of Dental Science of the University.
– In the case of a foreign graduate wishing to train as a supernumerary registrar, s/he has limited registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
– S/he is the holder of a training post in the Wits Dental Hospital. S/he accepts the condition that, whether as Registrar or Supernumerary Registrar, s/he may be subject to a period of probation of a maximum of one year and that at the end of this period, the department or division concerned may advise the Senate that the registration of the candidate be cancelled.
– Applications are handled centrally by the Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC). Once your application is complete in terms of requested documentation, your application will be referred to the relevant School for assessment. Click here to see an overview of the Wits applications process.
– Please apply online. Upload your supporting documents at the time of application, or via the Self Service Portal.
– Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications via the Self Service Portal, view academic application status, accept an offer (once certified hardcopies have been received by SEnC), apply and check residence application status, and generate a fees estimate.
– Selections for programmes that have a limited intake but attract a large number of applications may only finalise the application at the end of the application cycle.
Some career opportunities are;
– Medical receptionist
– Medical biller
– Dental assistant
– Dental hygienist
– Oral and maxillofacial surgeon
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => for the full programme [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African & SADC Students: $6,358
*For the MDent and MMed, holders of approved posts are entitled to 90% Remission of fees
*Students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC) member countries pay the same annual tuition fees as South Africans plus an International Registration Fee (IRF). The SADC member countries are Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
*Students sponsored by the Government of Rwanda will be treated as and pay the same amount as SADC students.
*Students from all other countries (Non-SADC) will pay the same amount as South African Students
*Diplomats and their dependents stationed in South Africa & International Wits employees and their dependents will pay South African tuition fees + International Registration Fee (IRF).