By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
Graduates from this programme are competent in research, reflective teaching and critical thinking. Research has shown that educators face challenges in handling learners with behavioural and learning problems, social problems such as gender inequality, poverty, and socio-historical and contemporary philosophical challenges; hence the need to establish this department.
ME101 Philosophical foundations of the Curriculum
ME102 Sociological foundations of the Curriculum
ME103 Psychological Foundations of the Curriculum
ME106 Educational Technology and the Science Curriculum
ME113 Curriculum Design, analysis and Evaluation
ME104 Measurement and Evaluation
ME105 Comparative Education
ME201 Management of Science Education
PC503 Research Methods and Statistics
ME203 Curriculum Development in Zimbabwe
ME205 The development of scientific Thought: Implication to the Curriculum
All applicants have to meet the following minimum requirements:
– A degree with this university or any recognizable institute with a 2.1 grade or better.
– Must have obtained a Pass at A-Level in a subject of specialisation and have sat for an examination in at least another science subject at A-Level or their recognized equivalents;
– OR a BSc. General with a 2.1 grade or better or BSc. Honours with selected specialisation as a major subject, plus a Grad. C.E or PGCE or PGDE.
– B.Ed. specialising in sciences, with a 2.1 grade or better
How to Apply
– Application forms may be downloaded by clicking here or obtained from the University, Admissions Office.
– Payment of application fees can be done at the University Cash Office or through any CBZ Bank – A/c No: 662-60902130074, Bindura Branch
– Complete the application form in full and indicate on top of the application form the intake you prefer (March or August) and the mode of study (Block or Full Time).
– Post or hand-deliver your completed application form to; Assistant Registrar – Admissions, Registration & Student Records, Bindura University of Science Education Bag 1020 Bindura.
– Attach certified copies of educational qualifications, I.D, Birth Certificate and proof of payment of the requisite application fees. Applications without these documents will not be processed.
– Successful candidates will be notified through their contact numbers and national press.
Careers you could pursue with this degree include:
– Community education officer.
– Early years teacher.
– Education administrator.
– Education consultant.
– English as a foreign language teacher.
– Further education teacher.
– Learning mentor.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zimbabwean Students: $3,500
Tuition fee for Zimbabwean Students= 3500 ZWD
Tuition fee for International Students= 1,809,500 ZWD
International students are students who are not resident in Zimbabwe or whose parents or legal guardians are not resident in Zimbabwe at the date of their registration.