By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$645 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Diploma in Counselling Psychology|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The diploma in Counselling Psychology is a two year Academic Programme that comprises of four (4) semesters. The programme is designed to offer a holistic approach in addressing psychological issues in the society.
It equips students with skills, knowledge and attitudes to respond to various psychological issues in human daily living. In addition, the course forms a strong base for learners who intend to pursue a strong career in Counselling Psychology.
Training in Psychology to produce qualified students competent in provision of global psychological health.
Kenya as a developing society is undergoing drastic social, psychological, economic, political, and educational changes. The challenges arising from these changes require psychological support systems in all sectors of the country.
The Diploma in Counselling Psychology(D. CPSY) programme is expected to provide personnel who can effectively manage such challenges and other emerging psychological issues and together bring about a mentally healthy, productive, and cohesive nation through a proactive approach.
By the end of the programme, the learner should be able:
– Competitively participate in provision counselling and psychological care.
– Promote ethical practices in counselling services.
– Conceptualize and articulate emerging issues in the area of counselling psychology.
– Pursue further studies related to counselling psychology.
The Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be covered in two academic years. The programme may be undertaken in either fulltime or part time mode. Students must go through a practicum and a research project which will be supervised and examined by members of the academic staff. To graduate, a student must successfully complete a minimum of 90 credit factors.
Applicants must satisfy entry requirements for University admission. In addition, applicants must have passed K.C.S.E with a mean grade of C and minimum subject grades as indicated below: English or Kiswahili C-; Mathematics C-. Admission is also open to holders of a Certificate in Counselling Psychology, Psychology, Guidance and Psychological Counselling, Education, Medical Health Professions, or Social Work, from recognized institutions approved by Chuka University Senate.
Applications should be on official forms available at the University Main Campus at Chuka, Igembe Campus at Ntuene or Keigoi High School, Embu Campus in Embu Town, Chogoria Campus at Nturiri High School, Tharaka Campus at Gatunga High School, OR Website: www.chuka.ac.ke; A Non-refundable fee of KES 3000 for PhD programmes, KES 2,000 for degree and diploma programmes and KES 1000 for certificate courses will equally be deposited.
The following documents should be made available:
– Originals & a copy of all Transcripts, Diplomas or Certificates (All originals, where necessary, will be returned)
– One recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of the National Identity Card or Birth Certificate
– Preferred Campus should be indicated on the application form
– Certified copies of certificates and original fee payment receipt MUST be attached to the application form and returned latest two weeks prior to the commencement dates given for the programmes
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– School psychology
– Vocational counseling
– Substance abuse counseling
– Child development
– Adult and geriatric counseling
– Forensic psychology
– Sport psychology
– Anger management
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $645
Tuition fee per year for Kenyan Students = KES. 70,000
Tuition fee per year for International Students = KES 87,500
– The Institute reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.
– The University policy obliges students to pay the full amount of fees as required on the first day of reporting before they are registered.