By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$7,814 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science|
|Application Deadline:||June 2021|
In an increasingly tech-driven world, the ability to respond to technological change and build tech tools will be key skills required to succeed. The Computer Science department at Ashesi helps students build the foundational skills necessary to build life-long careers in tech and information systems management.
a. Ashesi Success
b. Foundations of Design & Entrepreneurship 1
c. Written & Oral Communication
d. Introduction to Computing & Info. Systems
e. Pre-Calculus 1 / Calculus 1
a. Foundations of Design & Entrepreneurship 2
b. Computer Programming for CS
c. Text & Meaning
d. Pre-Calculus 2 / Calculus 2
e. Leadership Seminar 1
a. Applied Calculus (For all pre-Calculus students)
a. Microeconomics / Non-Major Elective
c. Leadership Seminar 2
d. Data Structures & Algorithms
e. Discrete Structures & Theory
a. Finance for Non-finance Majors
b. Quantitative Methods
c. Leadership Seminar 3
d. Database Systems
e. Intermediate Computer Programming
a. Research Methods
b. Web Technologies
c. Computer Organisation & Architecture
d. Leadership Seminar 4 / Elective
a. Algorithm Design & Analysis
b. Principles of Economics
c. Software Engineering
d. Major Elective
a. Human Computer Interaction
b. Operating Systems
d. Entrepreneurship 1 / Thesis 1 / Applied Project / CS Elective
b. Networks & Data Communications
d. Entrepreneurship 2 / Thesis 2 / Applied Project / CS Elective
1. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
2. One of the following examination results is required:
– West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
– Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
– International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
– American / Canadian High School Diploma
– French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
– Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana.
In addition to meeting the standard admissions requirements, applications from international students must meet the following requirements:
– Certified Translation: Transcripts or other supporting documents submitted by international applicants in a language other than English must be translated and certified as copies of the original document(s).
– Evidence of English Language proficiency: International students for who English was not a language of instruction during high school, must submit evidence of English language proficiency, including but not limited to the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
How to Apply:
You can start you application online, or download a PDF, complete it and email it back to us. However, we recommend you complete your application online as much as you can.
Click here to open Online Application Form
If you prefer to or can only fill a paper application, download and complete the forms below:
Download Admissions Application Form
– Early Deadline: 26th March 2020
– Regular Deadline: 25th June 2020
– Late Deadline: 20th August 2020
The Late Admissions period attracts an extra GHs50. We also do not accept scholarship and international applications during the Late Admissions period.
The admissions office can only process your application upon receipt of the proof of payment. Ghanaians pay an Application fee of GHs.50 while International Students pay GHs.143.
The university is not liable for payments transferred into the wrong account or those which may not, due to bank error, reflect in Ashesi’s bank account.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Software Developer
– Database Administrator
– Computer Hardware Engineer
– Computer Systems Analyst
– Computer Network Architect
– Web Developer
– Information Security Analyst
– Computer and Information Research Scientists.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $7,814
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = GHs.45,044
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = GHs.47,174
Each academic year has two semesters which run from late August to December and January to May, each with a tuition fee of GHs.22,522 (Ghanaians) and GHs.23,587 (Foreigners)
Ashesi has flexible payment plans for families who cannot pay fees in full at the start of the semester. Families have the option of making payments twice a semester or four times a semester, each option incurring different surcharges. Families who pay full tuition fees before the due date for each semester will receive an ‘early payment’ discount.
– Early Payment Discount (3.5%)
– Additional Fees for Paying in Two Instalments (3% fee)
– Additional Fees for Paying in four instalments (6% fee)
– Ayawoa Dagbovie (Ph.D.)
– Ben Kwaku Gordor (Ph.D.)
– David Ebo Adjepon-Yamoah (Ph.D.)
– David Sampah
– G. Ayorkor Korsah (Ph.D.)
– Joseph Agyapong Mensah
– Prof. Egya-Ekow Otoo
– Rebecca Awuah