By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,146 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Technology|
|Application Deadline:||June 2021|
The BSc in Computer Science is a four-year programme which aims to equip graduates with a stronger mathematical and technical skills and knowledge to take on appropriate positions in industry upon graduation, and to grow into leadership positions or to pursue research or graduate studies in the field. Graduates of the programme can position themselves in a large number of exciting fields of works, including digital animation, knowledge engineering, software architecture, web design, digital media, and security consultancy.
By the end of the programme, graduates should be able to:
– understand and contribute to the scientific, mathematical and theoretical foundations on which information technologies are built;
– explain and apply appropriate information technologies and employ appropriate methodologies to help an individual or organization achieve its goals;
– Anticipate the changing direction of information technology and evaluate and communicate the implications of these changes to an individual or organisation;
– and live and work as contributing, well rounded, members of society.
Fundamentals of Computing
Object-Oriented Programming I
Communication Skills II
Reading Seminar in Humanities
System Analysis and Design
Probability and Statistics
Object Oriented Programming II
Computer Org. and Architecture
Management and Org. Behaviour
Systems Modelling & Simulation
Data Com. & Networks
Adv Data Com. & Networks
Data Structures And Algorithm
Human Computer Interaction
Advanced Probability & Statistics
Adv Data Structures & Algorithms
Management Information Systems
Survey of Programming Languages
Ethical & Legal Issues in Computing
Real-Time and Embedded Systems
Parallel & Distributed Systems
Data Warehousing and Mining
IT Project Management
Applicants must have one of the following:
– SSSCE: Aggregate score of 24 or better. Credit passes (A-D) in 6 Subjects including Core Mathematics, Core Science & English, plus Physics or Elective Mathematics.
– WASSCE: Aggregate score of 24 or better. Credit Passes (A1-C6) in 6 Subjects including Core Mathematics, Core Science & English, plus a pass of C6 or better in Physics or Elective Mathematics.
– GCE A‘Level: Aggregate 12 or better with a pass of D or better in Physics or Mathematics.
– Diplomas/Certificates from local and foreign institutions authenticated by the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
– Mature Students must be at least 25 years at the time of applying and must write a qualifying exam and score an average of 50% in it. They must also have relevant working experience plus credit passes in Mathematics and English.
– HND holders in relevant disciplines may be admitted to Level 200.
– Certificate in Information and Communication Technology from GIMPA with an average score of not less than 55%. They must equally satisfy the requirements above for entering a tertiary institution
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Software Developer
– Database Administrator
– Computer Hardware Engineer
– Computer Systems Analyst
– Computer Network Architect
– Web Developer
– Information Security Analyst
– Computer and Information Research Scientists.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,146
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian students = GHs.6,600
Tuition Fees per year for International students (Africans) = GHs.17,313
Tuition Fees per year for International students (Non-Africans) = GHs.25,970
Payment Plan-Percentage of Annual Fee:
– Fresh Students = First Semester : 60%, Second Semester: 40%
– Continuing Students = First Semester : 50%, Second Semester: 50%
Below are lecturers in the School of Technology:
Joseph K. Adjei, PhD
Senior Lecturer / Dean, School of Technology
Gamel O. Wiredu, PhD
Associate Professor / Head of Department / Head of Quality Assurance
Lecturer /HOD, Department of Computer Science
Dr. Emmanuel S. Adabor
Felicia Nana Ama Engmann
Nana M. A. Assyne
Daniel N. Treku
Emmanuel Antwi Boasiako
DR. OTENG GYASI KWAME
MR. EMMANUEL AYITEY DJABA
Justice Nueteh Terkper