By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Arts in Communication Studies|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
The programme shall be covered in a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of 12 semesters. Each semester shall be 15 weeks.
The total number of course units to be taken shall be 13, of which 10 shall be core and 3 electives. In addition, candidates shall be required to undertake a research project. In each semester, candidates shall be required to take a minimum of 3 and a maximum of five course units.
Each course unit shall have 60 contact hours.
The research project shall only be embarked on after completion and passing of the 13 courses and it shall be equivalent to 4-course units.
The following shall be eligible for admission:
– Holders of a Bachelors degree of the University of Nairobi with at least an upper Second Class Honors, or candidates with equivalent qualifications from other institutions recognized by Senate.
– Holders of a Lower Second Class Honors degree or its equivalent with at least one year of post-graduation work experience in journalism, communication, and related fields such as public relations, advocacy and advertising.
– Holders of pass degree and a post-graduate diploma in mass communication
– Applicants may transfer credits for similar courses taken at the Masters level in other institutions recognized by the Senate.
– Applicants seeking transfer of credits shall apply in writing through the Director of the School to the Director of the Board of Postgraduate Studies justifying his/her request and attaching evidence of the credential(s) that would support such a request.
– Applicants shall have their applications considered only after paying the prescribed application fee.
– Applicants shall be allowed a maximum of one-third of the courses.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
The University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of Economics and Statistics, Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Advertising account executive
– Broadcast journalist
– Editorial assistant
– Event manager
– Film director
– Magazine journalist
– Market researcher
– Marketing executive
– Media researcher
– UX designer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 2 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.