By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,492 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering|
|Start Date:||October 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Engineering|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
To provide excellent Civil Engineering Education that will make a significant contribution to the economic development of the Region and the Nation as a whole. To evolve, into and sustain as a Centre of Excellence in Technological Education and Research with a holistic approach.
– To produce high quality engineering graduates with the required theoretical and practical knowledge, and social awareness to be able to contribute effectively to the progress of the society through their chosen field of endeavour.
– To undertake Research & Development, and extension activities in the fields of Science and Engineering in areas of relevance for immediate application as well as for strengthening or establishing fundamental knowledge.
– To prepare students to pursue higher studies, to seek a professional career or entrepreneurship.
– To inculcate in the students the importance of social service and environmental awareness, through educational and professional activities, so that they become useful to the society.
Administered by the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Civil engineering is the application of the laws, forces, and materials of nature to the planning, design, construction, maintenance, and operation of public and private facilities, subject to economic, social, and environmental constraints. Commonly included are transportation systems; bridges and buildings; water supply, pollution control, waste management, irrigation, and drainage systems; river and harbour improvements; dams and reservoirs.
Civil engineering also includes the planning, design, and responsible execution of surveying operations, and the location, delimitation, and delineation of physical and cultural features on the surface of the earth. Research, testing, sales, management, and related functions are also a part of civil engineering. Work on the campus is supplemented by inspection trips, which furnish an opportunity for firsthand study of engineering systems in operation, as well as projects under construction.
Environmental engineering, as a specialty area in civil engineering, is concerned with protecting the public and natural health; providing safe, portable and ample water supply; management of solid and hazardous waste; proper treatment and disposal of domestic and industrial wastewaters and waste; resource recovery; providing adequate drainage of urban and rural areas for sanitation; and the control of water quality, soil contamination, and air pollution. At the undergraduate level, the study of various environmental and water resource engineering topics is part of the study leading to the bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
Consultation with an industrial advisory board of employers of civil engineers, with a broad base of civil engineering educators, and with students has yielded a continuous process of programme planning, programme assessment, curriculum development, and instructional development to produce an integrated, learning-based curriculum. The curriculum listed in this catalogue has the academic programme goal of developing an effective programme that fulfills student educational needs and that equips and empowers qualified students for a successful career in civil or environmental engineering.
Between three to five years after graduation, graduates of the civil engineering programme will have:
– Established themselves in successful careers in civil engineering or a related field.
– Collaborated effectively on multi-disciplinary teams to address the needs of society and the environment.
– Pursued lifelong learning, professional development, and registration as appropriate for their employers.
The faculty encourages the development of the student’s professional skills through participation in internships, or progressive summer engineering employment.
– A pass in the GCE Ordinary Level or Probatoire
– A pass in at least two GCE Advanced Level subjects or BAC
– A pass in English Language at the GCE Ordinary Level or proof of Proficiency in the English Language from an accredited Language Learning Centre or the University Intensive English Language Course
– A/L – Maths & Physics
1. Pay a Registration Fee of 10.000frs into into any of our Bank Accounts: Cameroon and collect a receipt of payment.
Account Name: Catholic University of Cameroon, (CATUC) Bamenda
a) ECOBANK = 0200122608355201
b) SGBC = 05160350250-22
c) NFC BANK = 17301022306
d) Union Bank of Cameroon (UBC) = 00111013204
e) United Bank of Africa (UBA) = 04050000060
NB: All Payments should be done in the Student’s Name.
2. Present the Bank Receipt at the Registry, and collect an Application Form A1 (for Faculty of Business – FBMS, Faculty of Science – FSC, Faculty of Humanities -FHSS), or collect an Entrance Form (for those sitting the Entrance Exams into the Professional Schools; School of Engineering – SENG, School of Agriculture -STANR, School of Health & Medical Sciences -SHMS).
or Download the appropriate application form from the internet
3. Fill the Form A1 and submit it to the Registry with the following documents attached:
i. One clean photocopy of Birth Certificate
ii. One clean photocopy of GCE O’L Certificate/Result Slip or Probatoire
iii. One clean photocopy of GCE A’L Certificate/Result Slip or BAC
iv. 1000frs for Passport-size Photograph (hard & soft to be taken on campus)
– Students with foreign degrees/certificates should present Equivalences to their certificates obtained from the Ministry of Higher Education
–All students applying for the Philosophy programme should certify all their certificates.
Civil engineers work in almost every industry that employs engineers. The work of Civil engineers varies from general engineering to numerous, narrow specialties. In general, civil engineers work in one of the following areas: design, construction, materials specification and evaluation, analysis of structural systems, fluid and solid mechanics, construction engineering, research and development, and technical sales. They can also pursue higher degrees that make them eligible for careers in academics and research.
Many students enhance their education by participating in internship programmes, which offer opportunities for employment in engineering positions while working toward a degree. Many students also participate in research projects through individual directed study courses with a professor. The programme culminates with a senior design course sequence highlighted by real-life projects. Students benefit from the challenge and gratification that come through direct interaction with practicing engineers.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Cameroonian Students: $1,492
Tuition Fees per year for Cameroonian Students = 830,500 F CFA
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 1,230,500 F CFA
A message from the school about the 2020-2021 academic year reads:
Cognizant of the fact that the people of the Northwest and Southwest regions have been groaning under the weight of the socio-political crisis for close to four years now, and that currently the entire country is in the grips of the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic which both have far-reaching economic implications, the Bishops of the Ecclesiastical Province of Bamenda have decided to grant certain percentage discounts on tuition fees to the ‘early birds’ who enrol on any of the school’s degree programmes, beginning next academic year till further notice.