By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
This programme seeks to produce graduates who will be among the world leaders in producing curriculum practitioners of the highest calibre, capable of advancing knowledge and skills in science and mathematics instruction.
CH101 Physical Chemistry I
CH102 Inorganic & Analytical Chemistry I
CH103 Organic Chemistry I
CH105 General Chemistry
MT109 Mathematics for Chemists
PH121 Physics for Chemists
PC103 Communication Skills
PC105 Psychological foundations of Education
PC106 Philosophical foundations of Education
PC107 Sociological foundations of Education
CH201 Physical Chemistry II
CH202 Inorganic Chemistry II
CH203 Organic Chemistry II
CH204 Analytical Chemistry II
CH211 Further Physical Chemistry
CH212 Further Inorganic Chemistry
PC104 Citizenship Education
CS101 Introduction to Computers
PC301 Curriculum Design, Implementation & Evaluation
PC206 Pedagogics in Science Teaching
AS203 Secondary School Experience
HS101 HIV/AIDS Education
CH301 Physical Chemistry III
CH302 Inorganic Chemistry III
CH303 Organic Chemistry III
CH304 Analytical Chemistry
CH312 Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
CH311 Advanced Physical Chemistry
CH313 Further Organic Chemistry
CH314 Further Analytical Chemistry
CH323 Advanced Organic Chemistry
CH324 Advanced Analytical Chemistry
PC401 Curriculum Issues in Science
AS403 Final Applied Science Education
Students should select an equivalent of at least four (4) credits from the following courses, whichever are on offer.
CH461 Catalysis & Corrosion Chemistry
CH422 Bio-Inorganic Chemistry
CH433 Synthesis Methods II & Advanced Spectroscopy
CH424 Environmental Chemistry
CH451 Industrial Process Chemistry
CH421 Atmospheric Chemistry
CH442 Further Solid State Chemistry
CH441 Statistical Thermodynamics
CH453 Polymer Chemistry
CH423 Medicinal Chemistry
CH454 Thermal Analysis
PC102 Research Methods & Statistics
A prospective student must meet the following requirements:
– Have obtained a Pass at A-Level in Chemistry
– Have one of the following subjects or their recognized equivalents; Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Mathematics and Physics, or (Physical Science)
– Have a pass at O-Level in both English Language and Mathematics.
How to Apply
– Application forms may be downloaded by clicking here or obtained from the University, Admissions Office.
– Payment of application fees can be done at the University Cash Office or through any CBZ Bank – A/c No: 662-60902130074, Bindura Branch
– Complete the application form in full and indicate on top of the application form the intake you prefer (March or August) and the mode of study (Block or Full Time).
– Post or hand-deliver your completed application form to; Assistant Registrar – Admissions, Registration & Student Records, Bindura University of Science Education Bag 1020 Bindura.
– Attach certified copies of educational qualifications, I.D, Birth Certificate and proof of payment of the requisite application fees. Applications without these documents will not be processed.
– Successful candidates will be notified through their contact numbers and national press.
Careers you could pursue with this degree include:
– Chemical technician.
– Chemistry teacher.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zimbabwean Students: $3,500
Tuition fee for Zimbabwean Students= 3500 ZWD
Tuition fee for International Students= 1,809,500 ZWD
International students are students who are not resident in Zimbabwe or whose parents or legal guardians are not resident in Zimbabwe at the date of their registration.
– Mr. Solomon Gowe
– Mrs. Petronella M. Muhita