By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$607 /year|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resource Management)|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Business Management|
|Specialisations:||Human Resource Management|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The Bachelor of Business Administration Program will provide a three-year, full time, day, evening and weekend programme of intensive study for students wishing to earn a Business Administration degree with a focus on Human Resource Management. The blend of course content will expose the student to an international business outlook while maintaining focus on the Ugandan context.
The BBA programme is designed to enable the student to:
– Acquire knowledge of the nature and structure of the modern business organisation, the nature of enterprise, the role of profit and the critical managerial functions that contribute to the total operation of a business.
– Acquire knowledge, understanding and skills necessary for the planning and development of an organisation’s human resources (HR); and how they contribute to organisational objectives and requirements.
– Understand and discuss the major decisions areas and the important concepts used in financial accounting and management.
– Internalise the principal concepts, frameworks and techniques of strategic management as a backbone for generating options for strategic business judgement.
– Acquire sufficient capacity to satisfy strategic planning needs of enterprises to achieve their marketing objectives.
– Understand micro and macro-economic principles and theories and apply them to solve complex real life situations.
– Business Administration
– Micro Economics
– Business Communication Skills
– Information Systems And Technologies
– Financial Accounting
– Business Statistics
– English 1
– Cost Accounting And Budgeting
– Quantitative Methods For Business
– Business Environment
– Principles Of Marketing
– Business Law
– English II
– Managerial Accounting
– Leadership And Corporate Governance
– Entrepreneurship Skills Development
– Industrial Psychology
– Human Resource Management
– Organizational Behavior
– Principles Of Management
– Conflict And Dispute Resolution
– Employment And Labour Relations
– Bargaining And Negotiation
– Research Methodology
– Human Resource Training And Development
– Human Resource Information Systems
– Benefits And Compensation
– Organizational Environment Management
– Human Resource Policies Management
– Operations Management
– Project Planning And Management
– Career Planning And Counselling
– Strategic Management
– Managing Change In Organization
– Occupation Health And Safety
– Business Ethics
– Research Report
The minimum entry requirements for admission are:
(a) At least five (5) passes at the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent
(b) At least two (2) principal passes at the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
– Conditional admission will be verified after getting the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) Results print – out.
– Within the framework of the general direct entry requirements, there may be Special Faculty Requirements which a candidate must fulfill to gain admission to a programme in a specific Faculty.
Mature Age Entry
(a) A candidate must be at least 25 years of age
(b) The candidate must have passed Mature Age Entry Examinations with 50% mark or above
(c) The Mature Age Entry Examinations must have been taken at a Centre approved by the NCHE
(d)No candidate who had previously attended a programme at Cavendish University Uganda shall be readmitted to the University under this scheme to a programme of study in which he/she failed to qualify during his/her previous attendance.
A Diploma Holder`s Avenue
A candidate must have obtained at least a second class/credit diploma or the equivalent performance which is relevant to his/her desired field of study from a recognized institution.
Foundation Programme Certificate
A candidate who holds a Foundation Programme Certificate from a recognized institution is eligible for admission.
Applications submitted by candidates who do not meet the traditional entry criteria can only be considered after consultations with the NCHE for guidance and with the approval of the Senate.
Admission to level Other than the First Year
Admission to the second or third or any other year requires the special consideration and permission of the relevant Faculty Board and the Senate in accordance with the University policies on Exemption and Credit Accumulation and Transfer.
A holder of a 12- year-system of education Certificate:
A holder of this Certificate such as the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or the equivalent is required to successfully complete a Foundation Year before enrolling for the Bachelor`s degree programme.
– The University may consider for admission to a degree programme a candidate who has successfully completed a 12 – year – system of education provided that such a candidate has been registered at another University, prior to applying to Cavendish University Uganda, for a degree programme and has successfully completed at least one year of University education. Such a candidate must, however, submit the University academic transcript from that other University.
The Candidate must have a qualification that is recognized for University entry in his/her home country or country where he/she has studied. The applicant will be offered a provisional admission for one semester pending equating of his/her qualification.
Application is done Online at : https://cavendish.ac.ug/student-application-form
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Business Administration include:
– Financial Advisor
– Commodities Trader
– Human Resources
– Loan Officer
– Real Estate Agent
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $607
Tuition Fees per year for Ugandan Students = 2,773,000 UGX
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 3,197,108 UGX
** The annual tuition is an addition of the fees for each of the two semesters 1,119,000 UGX (Ugandans) and 420 USD (International Students)
**Students who pay in advance will be have a 5% discount.