By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,010 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Pure and Applied Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The curriculum of Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology is designed to meet challenges and demands affecting Kenya’s labour market as dictated by both local and international demands. The program is also designed to combat shortage of professionally trained personnel in this country, Africa region and the world at large.
It is also designed to provide interdisciplinary approaches for training biochemists professionals and scientists able to work competitively in all fields and areas in the manufacturing, teaching and research sector of this country and beyond.
Why Study The Programme
The programme shall also provide Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology graduates with real world situations full of various techniques of teaching, research, knowledge, skills, attitudes, and experiences that prepare them to meet challenges in the fields of teaching and learning process.
– To prepare graduates who are practical in their approaches.
– To meet the increasing demand scientists in the labour market
– To equip learners with the learning capacity and capability to harness and implement relevant emerging issues.
– To provide graduates with requisite skills needed in the management of relevant Institutions.
Exemptions and Credit Transfer
The applicant must have attained the pass mark in the subject to be considered for credit transfer /exemption from an institution recognized by the senate.
**Application forms can be downloaded from www.mku.ac.ke or collected from the school campuses/ marketing centres. Duly filled application forms should be addressed to the Registrar – Academic Administration.
The following Documents should be made available:
– Copies of all academic certificates including secondary school certificates, Bachelors, Diplomas & Certificate level transcripts and certificates.
– One (1) recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of national I.D/Passport.
Application fee is as follows:
– a) Kshs 1000 for Certificate, Diploma and under- graduate programs for the East African applicants. USD 50 for the Non-East African Applicants.
– Kshs 2000 for Postgraduate programmes for East African Applicants. USD 100 for Non-East African Applicants.
Application for admission does not guarantee admission into the University for course applied for; this will be subject to fulfilment of all requirements and class size as approved by the University Senate.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Agricultural Engineer
– Animal Scientist
– Biochemist and Biophysicist
– Biomedical Engineer
– Food Scientist and Technologist
– Soil and Plant Scientist
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East African applicants: $1,010
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs. 111,200
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs 133,440
Students from Countries in the East African Community (EAC), pay the same amount as Kenyan Students. The six countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– All international students (Non East African) are to pay additional (statutory fee, quality assurance & tuition fee) of 20% above the normal fee.
– The university fees payment can also be done in easy instalments within the semester. The instalments are as follows: 30% upon registration, 30%- second instalment, 20%-third instalment 20% – fourth instalment.