By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
Students of the biology education honours degree program are prepared to teach biology in high schools and also have the necessary basic preparation to enter a career in industry or pursue an advanced degree in science.
PC301 Curriculum Design, Implementation & Evaluation
PC102 Research Methods and Statistics
PC104 Citizenship Education
BZ101 Diversity of Life I
BZ102 Diversity of Life II
BZ411 Entomology & Parasitology
BZ312 Plant Physiology
BZ313 Invertebrate Biology
BZ314 Virology & Immunology
BZ202 Plant Form & Function
BZ204 Vertebrate Biology
BZ205 Evolutionary Botany
BZ107 Molecular & Cell Biology
BZ409 Human and Social Biology
BZ315 Molecular Genetics
BZ410 Agricultural Biology
PC203 Advanced Pedagogics
PC204 History & Philosophy of Science
PC205 Educational Management
AS204 Applied Science Education
HS101 HIV/AIDS Education
BZ312 Plant Physiology
BZ311 Animal Physiology
BZ310 General Microbiology
BZ408 Applied Bacteriology & Mycology
BZ412 Applied Ecology
BZ420 Readings in Biology
BZ421 Lab Based Research Project
BZ370 or PC370 Project
To be eligible for admission, a candidate must have:
obtained a Certificate in Education/Diploma in Education or other recognizable teaching qualification from an acceptable institution where the subject of study was strongly represented;
have a pass in ‘A’ Level Biology;
have a good pass in ‘O’ Level English Language and Mathematics;
have had at least two years of approved teaching experience at an institution recognized by the University; and
may be required to pass a written/oral entrance examination set by the University in the subject to be studied.
How to Apply
– Application forms may be downloaded by clicking here or obtained from the University, Admissions Office.
– Payment of application fees can be done at the University Cash Office or through any CBZ Bank – A/c No: 662-60902130074, Bindura Branch
– Complete the application form in full and indicate on top of the application form the intake you prefer (March or August) and the mode of study (Block or Full Time).
– Post or hand-deliver your completed application form to; Assistant Registrar – Admissions, Registration & Student Records, Bindura University of Science Education Bag 1020 Bindura.
– Attach certified copies of educational qualifications, I.D, Birth Certificate and proof of payment of the requisite application fees. Applications without these documents will not be processed.
– Successful candidates will be notified through their contact numbers and national press.
Careers you could pursue with this degree include:
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zimbabwean Students: $0
Tuition fee for Zimbabwean Students=
Tuition fee for International Students= 1,809,500 ZWD
International students are students who are not resident in Zimbabwe or whose parents or legal guardians are not resident in Zimbabwe at the date of their registration.
– Mr. Solomon Gowe
– Mrs. Petronella M. Muhita