By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
The Biological Sciences Department is one of the 9 departments in the Faculty of Science. The department is a major hub for life sciences research and teaching in the university.
The department aspires to seek solutions to the grand challenges facing our world today, ranging from global climate change to human disease. To achieve this goal, we aim to provide high-level Biological Science literacy to our students through theory and practice, and to society through extension.
Our research and teaching are focused on the following broad areas:
– Biodiversity Conservation
– Botany and Zoology
– Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior
– Genetics and Biotechnology
– Microbiology and Plant Pathology
– Molecular, Immunology and Cell Biology
Introduction to Computer Science
And eight (8) Biology Courses.
Minimum of twelve (12) courses in Biological Sciences.
A Research Project, A minimum of twelve (12) courses in at least two of the following
Genetics and Biotechnology
All applicants have to meet the following minimum requirements for admission prescribed under the general regulations (i.e.):
– Have obtained at least 5 O’ level subject at Grade (C) or better including English Language and Mathematics;
– Have obtained a pass at ‘A’ level in Biology and in at least one of the following subjects or their equivalent; Chemistry, Geography, Agriculture, Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics.
NB: Special or mature entry admissions shall be in accordance with the general regulations.
How to Apply
– Application forms may be downloaded by clicking here or obtained from the University, Admissions Office.
– Payment of application fees can be done at the University Cash Office or through any CBZ Bank – A/c No: 662-60902130074, Bindura Branch
– Complete the application form in full and indicate on the top of the application form the intake you prefer (March or August) and the mode of study (Block or Full Time).
– Post or hand-deliver your completed application form to; Assistant Registrar – Admissions, Registration & Student Records, Bindura University of Science Education Bag 1020 Bindura.
– Attach certified copies of educational qualifications, I.D, Birth Certificate and proof of payment of the requisite application fees. Applications without these documents will not be processed.
– Successful candidates will be notified through their contact numbers and national press.
N.B: Application fee for late entry stands at US$10 for Undergraduate students
Career opportunities are found in the following fields:
– Food industry
– Parks and Wildlife Authorities
– Research institutions
– Starting own company.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zimbabwean Students: $4,000
Tuition fee for Zimbabwean Students=4,000 ZWD
Tuition fee for international Students= 1,809,500 ZWD
N.B: International students at the date of registration are charged an academic fee of US$2,500 per semester or its hard currency equivalent.