By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,133 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Education in Basic Education|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Educational Studies|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The Basic Education Programme is designed to equip students with the requisite conceptual and practical skills as well as the right attitudes needed to teach at the pre-tertiary levels of education. Students are also prepared to take up leadership roles in education.
The programme is intended for:
– SHS (Senior High School) Certificate Holders
– Diploma Holders who desire to be trained as teachers
– Teachers Certificate ‘A’ Holders who aspire to leadership positions in education.
SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes( A-D) in six( 6) subject comprising three core subjects including English Language and mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
WASSCE Candidates : Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six(6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
GBCE Candidates: Credits Passes (A-D) in six(6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language and mathematics, plus three relevant elective subjects.
(B) Mature Candidates
– Applicants must be at least 25 years by August 1 of the academic year of application.
– Must show a documentary proof of date of birth (possibly birth certificate issued not less than three years).
– Must hold Certificates of a Professional Training from a recognised institution
Applicants Should Follow the Guidelines below:
In all cases, the following documents should be attached to the completed online application forms:
– Copies of certificates
– Copies of Transcripts of academic record
– One recent passport-size photograph
– Three referees’ reports. (To be submitted directly by referees to) The Dean, School of Graduate Studies = UEWP.O. BOx 25WINNEBA
Applicants should note that:
-No application will be processed unless all requirements are fully met
– Any change of address must be communicated at once to the Dean, School of Graduate Studies
– A change of programme after submission of application forms will NOT be allowed
– ALL certificates and results slips other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board, should be cleared with the Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the certificate(s)
– All applications must be submitted online at www.uew.edu.gh
After the training, graduates can secure jobs in the areas of; Teaching, Educational Administration and Management
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,133
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 6,508GHS
The Tuition Fees for International Students, is divided into FOUR main categories:
Tuition Fees per year for West African Countries = 16,865GHS (West African Countries include; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo)
Tuition Fees per year for Other African Countries = 19,023GHS
Tuition Fees per year for Carribean countries = 21,181GHS
Tuition Fees per year for All Other Foreign Countries = 23,345GHS
NOTE: Included in the fees of Final Year Students are;
– Congregation fee of GHS350.00
– Alumni dues GHS10.00