By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
This course is the First part of the Two-Tier programme comprising the Bachelor of Architectural Studies (4 Years) and the Bachelor of architecture (2 Years).
It concerns both planning and designs of the built and natural environment. Emphasis is on art approach to design. Upon completion of the 4 years, holders of Bachelor of Architectural Studies can take up the following career paths among many others:
– Communications Skills
– History of World Architecture
– Solid Geometry
– Ecology of Building Materials
– Architectural Communication I
– Development Studies
– Building & Workshop Technology
– Environmental Geomatics
– Structures For Architects I
– Architectural Communication II
– HIV and AIDS
– Building Services
– Structures for Architects II
– History of African Architecture
– Architectural Communication III
– Architectural Design I
– Building Technology I
– Building Services & Workshop Technology
– Architectural Communication IV
– History & Theory of Architecture I
– Architectural Design II
– Practical Attachment – Internal
– Sustainable Design
– Interior Design & Detailing
– History and Theory of Architecture II
– Building Environment Science I (Thermal)
– Architectural Design III
– Building Technology II
– Building Economics
– Environmental Behaviour Study
– Building Environment Science II (Lighting)
– Introduction to Research Methodology
– Urban Studies
– Building Environment Science III (Sound)
– Architectural Design V
– Project I
– Project II
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum aggregate of B- (minus) and C+ (plus) as the minimum grade in cluster groups of 4 subjects which include: Mathematics, Physics, any subject from GROUP III (History and Government OR Geography OR Christian Religious Education OR Islamic Religious Education OR Hindu Religious Education); or 2nd GROUP (Biology or Chemistry); OR 2nd GROUP III OR GROUP IV (Home Science, or Art and Design or Agriculture or Aviation Technology or Computer Studies); OR GROUP V (French, German, Arabic, Music, Business Studies). OR JKUAT Arch. Diploma – Credit and above and 12 months refereed industry or travel portfolio (entry into 3rd year of Study) OR JKUAT Arch. Diploma – PASS and 12 months refereed industry or travel portfolio (entry into 1st year of study) OR Any other relevant qualification recognized by the University Senate
How to Apply
Application Requirements for qualified students:
– A dully filled registration form – to be obtained from the offices/website upon payment of non-refundable fee.
– Two passport size photos.
– Copies of relevant certificates
Applications for the courses are on official application forms.
1. click to download JKUAT IT Department application form. or obtain a hand-copy from the office.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee as follows:
– Certificates: Kshs500
– Diplomas: 1000
– Degrees: Kshs1,500
– Masters: 1,500
Bank Account Numbers:
– Standard Chartered Bank Account number 0108023434900
– Barclays Bank Account Number 0775001216
– Co-operative Bank of Kenya Account Number 01129098952900
– National Bank Account Number 0100359580600
– Equity Bank Account Number 0090291251426
Graduates can work as:
– Assistants to registered Architects, Project Managers, Contractors, etc.
– They can work in project implementation teams.
– They can apply for the Bachelor of Architecture Degree to become eligible for registration as Architects
– The can pursue other professional degrees in design-related fields such as interior design, product design as well as Architectural Conservation
– They can apply for M.Phil programmes in Design related fields.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East Africa Community Students: $1,881
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs203,742
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs244,490
**EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
NOTE: The tuition fees charged, may vary from programme to programme and from time to time, with foreign students paying 20% more that the Kenyan students.: