|Tuition Fees:||$1,302 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Architecture|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Architecture and Design|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
Architecture is the study of the art and science of planning and designing buildings to accomplish utilitarian and aesthetic needs. It embraces the techniques employed to modify the physical environment and enhance the quality of the built environment and human experience.
This is achieved through the provision of habitable structures and appropriate settings that can support the varied range of human activities such as living, working, eating, shopping, recreation and worship.
The programme emphasizes both theoretical and functional aspects of Architecture including freehand sketching, graph-aided sketching, computer-aided drafting and computer-aided rendering in design studio course.
Electives in allied architecture courses include: Interior designing & decoration, construction, management, material & quantities, estimation, professional model making and architectural rendering, a course in setting out using land surveying instruments, real estate designing, developing & community planning and landscape architecture.
To train students to have holistic approach towards architecture as a profession. As would-be leaders of both design and construction teams, the programme seeks to train students to be versed in the trade language of all the allied professions. For that matter, basic structural engineering, material and cost estimation, land surveying and building construction are incorporated into their studio practical courses and not taught in isolation.
Architecture is an ever-expanding discipline driven by innovation, technology, and environmental issues. Besides the conventional role of Architects in making plans and designs for the construction and renovation of homes, offices, retail stores, and other structures, there is increasing demand for more innovative designs of new communities and educational, healthcare and shopping facilities.
Like Engineers whose work can impact the environment, Architects are also grappling with finding ways to make efficient use of resources (sustainable design) – particularly using less water and energy (conservation) and minimizing waste and pollution.
Practical/Studio Work, Class Tests, Semester Examinations, Projects
– Admission into the programme is open to SSSCE/WASSCE or Polytechnic graduates with any background; Science, Vocational, Visual Arts, Technical and General Arts.
– Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examination (SSSCE): 6 passes with aggregate 24 or better and including 3 core subjects. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science. All passes should be grade D or better.
– West African Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examination (WASSCE): 6 passes with aggregate 36 or better and including 3 core subjects. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science, all passes should be grade C6 or better.
– Polytechnic Students: Passes in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or any of the Elective Science subjects, in addition to 3 electives in the respective trades or technical subjects.
**Any application that comes without the above named qualiﬁcations will however be evaluated on its own merits. Applicants are to note that should the total number of qualiﬁed candidates exceed the Department’s allotted vacancies; a selection interview will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants may apply online by clicking http://online.central.edu.gh to buy an E-voucher for GH100.00 (for Ghanaian applicants) or the cedi equivalent of US 100.00 (for foreign applicants) at Ecobank branches. Use the PIN and SERIAL NUMBER on the E-voucher to apply online at apply.central.edu.gh. VISA branded cards and MTN Mobile Money can also be used to purchase E-vouchers online.
Applicants will be required to:
– Upload their 2 passport size photographs, certificates/ Results slips
– Present original copies of their supporting documents to the Admissions office before semester registration will be allowed.The applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications.
** A form once submitted can only be viewed but cannot be edited.
1. Paper Application forms can be obtained for GHC100.00 (Undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) for Ghanaian applicants) and the cedi equivalent of USD 100.00 (Undergraduate and Graduate) (for foreign applicants) through the following:
2. By Banker’s Draft (in favour of Central University) from the Finance Office at the Mataheko and Kumasi campuses of the university, or from the permanent campus at Miotso, off the Accra-Aflao Road.
3. Ecobank, Zenith Bank and GCB Bank branches nationwide and from the 170 Ghana post office branches across the country.
4. Undergraduate application forms may also be downloaded HERE and completed. Applicants would have to pay GHC 100 for Ghanaian (undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) (for Ghanaian applicants) or cedi equivalent of USD100 for foreign applicants, paid at the time of submission. Graduate application form can be downloaded HERE
**An applicant must submit the following at the time of application directly to the University:
– A completed Application Form
– An official Results Slip/Certificate
– Transcripts from previous Universities (where applicable). Such transcripts should be sent directly to the Admissions Officer. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for transcript(s) and /or transfer form to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
**The completed paper application documents along with photographs, transcripts and certificates/results slips must be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer
(Off the Accra-Aflao Road)
P.O.Box 2305, Community
For further clarifications kindly call the Admissions Hotline: +233 303 318583 or email:email@example.com
Graduates of this course may work as:
– architectural Consultants;
– specialists in building,
– conservation & restoration;
– Design & building contractors;
– consultants in community planning;
– interior designers;
– or landscape architects.
Alternatively, Graduates may team up with their Colleagues to form their own consultancies after passing their professional examinations.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,302
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 7,530 GHS
Tuition Fess per year for International Students = 41,788 GHS
– Fee payments may be made at any Ecobank branch with cash or a Bankers Draft.
– Miscellaneous payments of less than GHC 35 may be made in cash at the Finance Office.
– All Freshmen students must pay all fees for a semester before the first day of class.
– Continuing students must pay ½ of total fees for the semester before the first day of class. The remaining fees must be paid within 4 weeks of the start of the semester. Payments not made by this deadline will incur a penalty. Please contact the Finance Office for more information on penalties.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances will students be allowed to take final exams until their fees for the semester have been paid in full.
PAYMENT FOR FEES BY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLICANTS
– International Students paying fees from their home country can pay via wire transfer into our Ecobank account with the details below.
– Nigerians in particular are advised to use Ecobank Nigeria since the transfer takes 1 day, as compared to other banks which take between 2 to 5 working days
– Fees received into this account will then be credited to the student’s account in the transflow,
– Student information required as part of the transfer information are;
**Fresh Students – Student’s Name and Applicant ID [Semester 1 only]
**Continuing Students – Student Name and Registration Number [ID Number]